looking for low-poly sports car to modify

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by carfanatic, Jan 3, 2008.

1. carfanatic

carfanatic New Member

Hi there,
    I'm looking for a low-poly 3d car that I can just modify and unfold in pepakura without having a whole page of bits and pieces (no interior for example, hood is flat etc etc). Has anybody created a low poly car that I can just modify using metasquoia in terms of placing vinyls, painting and slight modifications to the kit and then directly unfolding it in pepakura?

thanks a lot
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I suggest you check out the google sketchup site as there a gazillions of models to choose from there and from what I know of sketchup they are usually pretty simple.

Searching "car" found these:

car - Google 3D Warehouse Search

I also have seen it mentioned somewhere that pepakura now supports sketchup models.
  3. Daniyal

Daniyal New Member

Looks like we have the same ideas mate!

Hmm... I've had the same idea... and i did try out that.. but i can barely call it successful.. any car model out there at the 3d warehouse it pretty complex though it looks simple. On an avg, each model has over 20,000 polygons and over 150 meshes.. including some meshes which are just frames. Working on those models without any metasequoia work is fairly a head-banging job that requires 24/7 work for almost a month i would say. I haven't had much success but i could say with lots of work.. it could be done. That rule doesn't go for all models as not all are the same as most are even more complex. I'm not sure if it is allowed or not to cite another forum's topic but here is what i've been doing: Racing Paper Models - Where to get models to owrk on?

I hope this can be of some help to you. Feel free to clarify any questions.

Best Regards,