Looking for Lightship Ambrose by Digital Navy

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by mod_ler, Mar 24, 2016.

1. mod_ler

mod_ler New Member

Does anyone have access to Digital Navy's Lightship Ambrose. The links to the free download seem to be broken.
  2. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

I know where Digital Navy is, but it won't do you any good, it seems like they are selling the "Ambrose". I wasn't too impressed with that model, truth be told. It was dumbed down. Even "Lilla Weneda" is no longer downloadable. I think it's kind of stupid to offer a model for free for so many years then take and start charging for it. That model is available everywhere. Not legitimately I guess. This is a grey area. You put a model out there for 8 years or so, and then start charging for it? I still have it "Lilla Weneda" and the "Ambrose", and if I decide to build either again, I won't pay anyone a cent.

A simple Google search will get you to the site. You have to email them. I won't give the model to anyone, out of principle and respect for the designer, even if I think their actions are a bit stupid.
    lyter1958 likes this.
  3. mod_ler

mod_ler New Member

Thanks for the tip,
    Digital Navy gererously shared the Ambrose with me. If it were any more difficult, I'd be in over my head.
  4. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

If you could post how you did this, it would be beneficial. You should try and get "Lilla Weneda" if you can, definitely worth buying, they modeled that ship so excellently, it is a classic model, beautifully executed by Digital Navy. I scaled mine up by 200%, it's around 32" or so long. :)