Looking for: larger airplane models and armoured trains

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Stephen Auslender, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Stephen Auslender

Stephen Auslender New Member

I relatively new to card modeling.
    I had a bunch back 30 years ago, made some and sold the rest when I got out.
    Now I'm back and have a couple of questions:
    I'm interested in the larger WW2 bombers of the axis countries, Japanese, Italian and some of the odd German ones. Mainly the four engine bombers that only reached prototype or limited production stage.
    Also interested in the old flying boats and large float planes, like the He-115 Japanese Emily and Mavis, USA Mariner and others.
    1) Did any company ever make these in paper card?
    2) Were there any armoured trains and military trains that are now out of print or are the current ones the only that were made?
    3) Do any of you have any that you would sell to me or make xerox copies of out of print items?
    4) Does anyone know where I can get 60 pound card in ledger size(11in by 17 in)? I scale up some of the smaller models I have to the size I want (1/32 for airplanes, 1/25 for trains and tanks) and I need the larger size 60 pound card for the copy machine that I use.
    I am in the USA.
  2. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Well I don't know about the axis models, but I do know that Fly Model probably has the biggest selection of large bombers.(However I tend to only watch out for allied bombers B-17, B-25, Halifax etc...) Unfortunetely most of them are out of print. You might check www.strangeplace.com . If you scroll down towards the bottom, on the right side, he has kit listings by company. If the kit does exist and it's out of print, your best bet would be ebay. I started collecting out of print kits and if you wait long enough usually what you want will show up. As for the paper, kinkos carries 11.5x8 90# paper which is basically 60# cardstock. I have never asked for 11x17 so I do not know if they have that size. Good look
  3. robson

robson Member

Hello Stephen,

Feel free to check my website. You may find some big airplanes and more.