Looking for kitbashes of Walthers Coal Mines!

AppyNarrowGager

Oct 24, 2004
I know that SOMEONE out there must have kitbashed a Walthers New River Mine by now. Moved some stuff about, left something off, added something, etc. I like to see some photos (jpgs please, my dinosaur hates zip files) in an Eastern Appalachian setting and if you have the drawings or construction photos or some text perhaps, that would help too.

Thanks
ANG

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Art Curren turned two mines into a "chemical plant" in 1995 or 1996 MR. He also added a bunch of other structures and ended up with a 2' x 4' scene. Quite spectacular. The index of magazines at MR should be able to tell you which issue.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

AppyNarrowGager

Oct 24, 2004
Thanks Andrew, I was looking SPECIFICALLY for other coal mine applications though. I have seen the Koester kitbashes in the Coal Fork Series, and also the Curren "Haffa Mine" kitbash. I was looking for any other possibilities. I have a couple of these and they really need changed about.

ANG

cobra

Dec 11, 2003
belle river , Ontario
Visit site
For my NRM , I simply added a few more overhead conveyors ( covered ones ) with appropriate supports . I haven't placed the mine yet so I don't have pics to post , but for me , some weathering ( rust , flat black ) and conveyors give at new look at little additional cost . I had thought of buying 2 kits and changing things around entirely but held off and made a few simple mods . I think the terrain the mine is placed in can make or break the look of the kit , as well . Since I run steam , I have the area around the chutes blackened accordingly .

NEIL