Looking for drawing of SP depot

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
Maybe someone here can help.

I'm looking for the plan/drawings of the 'Southern Pacific Standard Combination Depot #22'. I have been searching online but haven't been able to locate any. I did find out that Railroad Model Craftsman had an article in their October '91 issue about this depot and I would assume that the article included some drawings, but I would like to have it verified before I order this issue (according to their web, they should still have some in stock).

Are there any other places, online or books where I might be able to find these plans?

Appreciate any help.
Jesper

P

philip

Jesper, Any prototype photos might be of help. I have several sets of depot plans kinda need to know what it looks like. Might be able to make a close match.

philip

p.s. Just found this!

depot _std#22 is in Railroad Model Craftmen Oct 1991 edition

paint link
http://espee.railfan.net/structures.html

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
I do have pictures of the prototype, I want to scratch build the depot in Simi Valley where I live (Santa Susana), but if possible, I would prefer to build it from drawings with dimensions instead of just building it from photos, if possible.
I build it in N scale a couple of years ago (not too successful) with styrene, but since then I have switched to HO and got hooked on wooden kits, so I decided that it's time to build another one, and this time I would like it to be more precise, that's the reason I'm looking for the real drawings.

This is the one I did in N
http://community.webshots.com/photo/76915961/88483669ESCxnP

Jesper

C

Catt

Jesper,I have the RMC Oct, 91. I would be happy to scan the drawings and email them to you if you would like.

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
Catt, That would be really great if it's not too much trouble for you.

Philip, I am aware of that kit, but $125 (list price) just seems to high when you compare to Bar Mills Majestic Hardware for $90 which comes with a lot of extra's. But it's something like that I hope I will end up with.

Thanks
Jesper

C

Catt

Jesper,I will scan the drawings this evening and email them to you.Do you have winzip,if so I can put them in a zipfile .

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
Yes I have Winzip, I really appreciate you help.

Will, unfortunately I don't have that, or any, issues of the Gazette. I used to subscribe to Model Railroader and the 2 N scale magazines. But since I switched to HO less than a year ago, I let the N scale subscriptions expire, and just recently did I subscribe to RMC.

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
I have looked at most of the current crop of magazines.

The only two I get regularily are N Scale Magazine and the Gazette.

I find the Gazette's articles far superior to either MR or RMC. MR is mostly advertising, included over a dozen pages of "new products", I can find all the "new products" I want on the internet. I want a magazine for the content, not the adverts.