looking for building plans

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
i'm looking for building plans to scrach build in n scale don't matter on what they are just need to model don't have layout started yet just finished plan.. have and old wood doll house my dad gave up on that he lost thing to it over the years.. any plans would be helpful

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
tyson i'm looking for a lumber yard logging a mine. train station and small freight stations and a cattle pen and buildings and a water tower i have some plans for single bridges and a single tower i would also need to convert them to n scale.. but any build ing plan would be great the ones i named will go on my new layout and i would be making others for my dads ho layout ...

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi scoobyloven!
Do you have a scale ruler?
These are a must-have for doing any "scratchin'", or "bashin'".
If you have one of these, then any scale drawings, regardless of what scale they're published in, can be converted to your scale of choice.
Photos can also be a good source...if you can scale the size of something in the photo...a door, a window, a person, or vehicle, in relation to the structure, then you can kind of "ballpark" the rest of the structure.
If you don't have the scale ruler though, get one...I can't imagine life without mine! :)

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
THAT SUCKS WITH ALL OF THE LAWS WE HAVE IN THE U.S COPYRIGHT SUCKS IF IT WAS A LAW THAT THEY WOULD STICK TO THEN HOW CAN SOME ONE GET ON LINE AND DOWNLOAD MUSIC OR GET A TATTOO OF SOMETHING LIKE MICKEY MOUSE WELL THEN IN MY BOOK WHEN I KIT BASH A LOCO AND RE PAINT IT AND USE LETS SAY CSX I'M AM COPYRIGHTING IT THEN WELL THINKS FOR THE HELP YOU GUYS THE HOBBY SHOP BYE MY HOUSE HAVE OLD COPIES BUT MY WIFE TELLS ME THAT IF I GET ANOTHER BOOK I WOULD SLEEP OUT SIDE

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
scoobyloven, on my website is an article with drawings on making an HO structure, if it's for N-scale, then just divide it by 2 and you will have a reasonable facimile.

Shamus
"Just click the logo below"

C

Catt

Tyson,I think you'll find out it is ok to scan and post the pics/plans as long as it isn't for commercial use.In other words if you ain't making a profit from it it's leagal.

BillD53A

Mar 23, 2002
Fort Myers Florida
Visit site
Finescale Railroader magazine has a website at http://www.finescalerr.com/ This is the only magazine I know of that publishes the whole thing on line. Search their site to see if they have any building plans. Most of their articles are for large scale, but you can change the scales.
The NMRA's website has one of the best web directories going: http://www.cwrr.com/nmra/ You dont have to be a member to use it. The Mid-Continent (I think ) Region has a newsletter called the Hotbox that has plans for buildings of a Michigan nature. Do a web search for "The Hotbox Model Trains"
Federal copyright law says the original magazine purchaser has the right to make copies for their OWN use, but does not have the right to distribute copies to others. So who's to know?
We cant build models of CSX equipment and copyright them...they already are copyrighted by CSX. If anything, CSX can stop us from building the models. I've heard , for years, how railroads require a license to manufacture models of their stuff...(part of the idea of a copyright is to tell the users that its yours, and you retain the right to decide who uses it and what for). I have never heard of a railroad charging a fee to model manufacturers to model their stuff, nor have I heard of a railroad prohibiting modelers from modeling their stuff. Its a matter of controlling who uses it, and what for, so your copyrighted material doesn't get connected with shoddy materials or some rip-off scam. Seeya, Bill

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
don't remember the details, but for many years UPS wouldn't allow models of their trucks to be produced. I think a model of the truch was made, but there were no decals. Think how many layouts could use one of these! And when the UPS truck shows up in published photos of layouts it would be free advertising. Can't figure what their thinking is/was. Are they available now?

Gary

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Gary,
Walthers # 933-1591, delivery van, assembled, with decals.
The decal set is for United Postal Service, or Reliable Parcel Delivery. The van is a very familiar shape, and color, and what you do with a pair of scissors to the decal set is your business.
Pete