Looking for "Black hole" models

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Getter1, Jan 8, 2006.

1. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Hey Getter,

For some unknown reason, PM is not working for me right now, but I don't mind publishing my addy...it's pharey1@mn.rr.com...looking forward to seeing the Gunstar.....are we all going to be "Beta Builders"?
  2. rwguess

rwguess Member

same for me

robert_guess at cox.net

i want the model too plz

3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I pm'ed my email but I'll post it here as well(I want that model:twisted: ).

It's willja67@hotmail.com
  4. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey guys,

I sent out the files. Let me know when each of you get it.

5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Got it! Thanks:grin:
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Me Too!

Work on it this Holiday!

7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Already started on the model. First impressions are that it takes an awful lot of paper to print this bad boy out. After cutting out and assembling the first two pages worth of parts I finally figured out that the numbers on surfaces that glue together are the same(for anyone else who didn't know). It took gluing the wrong pieces together and haveing to chop them apart to figure it out:cry: .

I think that a lot of pieces could be joined together. The wings in particular which are now in four pieces could easily be made into two(left and right). There are other examples but I'll just mention this one for now.
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

About the wings, I tried to make it in as few parts as I could. You are linited on size and turns you are allowed for each part. It also comes to 19 pages as it only cobbles 4 to 5 parts per sheet when you print it out.

9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Doc Harvey,

I got a return mail on the file I sent you. Could you comfirm you e-mail addy agian?

10. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Is there any way some of it could be cut and pasted together outside the creating program?
  11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Well aside from cutting the sheets apart and making a tighter collage, no.

The software doesn't allow you to export into another program (that I'm aware of that is). I just printed out the sheets and scanned them in. Sorry I didn't think about cutting and collaging the sheets, I should've done that.

So how's it coming along? So far I've only assembled 1 model from the program and it went together very well. I have my Gunstar all cut out but haven't started assembly yet.

12. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I've got a couple pages worth of parts assembled and the fit is pretty good so far. Not that I expect any fit problems. I will post pics but probably not step by step. Perhaps we ought to start a Gunstar thread or rename this one cause it ain't about black hole models anymore.
  13. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

Any progress pics out there? I started assembly last night but had an early wake up this morning so I didn't get too far.