Looking for an Eagle Launch Pad

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TonyG2, Aug 24, 2008.

1. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

Does anyone do a paper model of the Eagle launch pad from Space 1999? I'm looking for something that is maybe 6 inches across to display a Konami mini-Eagle model although any format that can be re-sized would be fine.
  2. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think this is what he is looking for.

Attached Files:

4. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

Yeah I have the Ebbles model. Very good for gaming scale transports, dropships etc, but doesn't fit the Eagle either in size or design concept.
  5. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey TonyG.. I had a MBA pad under way as part of the model stands I'm Dev'ing. Give me a few days and I'll polish it off N post it.

Attached Files:

6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think the eagle pad is ridiculously large as a base for the the eagle model.

Sorry for the image size.

7. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

My first version looked like this.

Scott K.

Attached Files:

8. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hmmmm Stev0 your right.. the pads huge in comparison, or visa versa.

Nice job Scott, the whole base would make an interesting wall panel model. Did you recover your files?.. I've kinda lost interest in it now, you want the 3d + texture stuff I have to play with..?
  9. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Scott

The design looks COOL so far.
  10. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Gearz, Nope, I had to restart from scratch. All I had was a base plate print to measure from. I have considered doing the whole base from time to time, but what scale? To make a decently detailed, fairly easy to build size, then the model would be huge. To make it a "reasonable" size, then it would have all those tiny little pieces I'm so allergic to. As for the textures, I'll take all the help I can get, Thanks.

clif52, Thanks. No if I can just keep up MY interest level in it....

Scott K.
  11. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

Looks good to me.

On the point of scale/size, I agree that a pad could seem very large depending on which Eagle model you are using.

Manageable sizes might possibly be the old Aifix MPC plastic kit or the Dinky diecast (granted a [paper pad may not take the weight). My personal choice would be for the - admittedly quite small - Konami model.
  12. Gearz

Gearz Member

Scott ~ Lost the lot!! Oooh maan...sorry to hear that... all your model master files!... Geeez.. I needed therapy for the stuff I lost, some of the kits posted at my site are all that's left of a few of them. At least you still sound sane!

mmm... yeah your right about a moonbase model, the size would be an issue .. it would have to be small = low detail I guess....

Something like this comes to mind ~ Divide the moon 'scape' into six sections to fit on letter / A4 ( with a sort of jigsaw edges so the joins aren't as obvious .) keep the buildings reasonably simple ( detail through textures)... maybe even use soda straws for the Transport tunnels..?? whack the whole thing in /onto an old photo frame, add a plaque / name plate etc and hang it on the wall.. Just for kewl-ness you could add some magnets to the pads, and do a tiny Eagle to move about from time to time.. or even glue the lot onto a magnetic whiteboard backing ( so the lunar surface is magnet) and do a few tiny laser tanks or what not. I guess that's moving a little to far into 'other' materials, but it would make an interesting architectural display with a difference. ~ It'd beat the hell of my grandma's flying ducks on the wall at any rate ..lol

Not sure if there would be enough interest to warrant the effort Scott, but If you'd like to collaborate on something like this ( as a backburner project) , I'd be happy to do the 3D prep and texturing etc, and you could to the testing and release the model. We both have ongoing projects up the kazoo, so its just food for thought. I'll zip what I have here and send it up to you anyway.

* Come to think of it..a SF project like this would look good under glass as a coffee table.. Moonbase Alfa ~ LV426 ~ the city from Stargate Atlantis ? there's lotz of subjects that would be suitable.. *sigh* project # 723431 Oh well.

Attached Files:

13. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey TonyG.. Do you drive Pepakura V1.? I can send you, the round bit in the middle of the pad, if you don't mind crunching the patterns yourself..
  14. Cool idea!

Would make a cool clock, too! Just add a simple clockwork behing it, and some nice clockhands, and you`re done...
  15. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

I built the pad shown above 6 years ago. I finallly dug the revamped file out, and "finished" it. It still needs proper texturing, but should build up OK. The result has been posted in the downloads area.

2 Hako Eagles are included, to have something to park on the pad.

Scott K.
  16. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

No longer needed
  17. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

See post #15.

Comments and complaints welcome.

Scott K.
  18. I can't find it in the download area... :confused:
  19. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member