Looking for a Vulcan

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Regie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Regie

Regie Member

A plea/challenge for any designers (I'm under no illusions about my lack of talent in this area, or I'd try doing this myself).

I've been trying to find a good paper Avro Vulcan - quite a large one for preference - for about three years. No joy, except for some astonishingly expensive (£50 - that's $100!) commercial kits.

I'm a teacher, and am working on a display of great air and spacecraft to hang from the cieling of my classroom. My school is only a few miles from the old RAF Finnigley, which was one of the primary Vulcan bases in the cold war, and I'd dearly love to be able to include one of those "tin triangles".

Anyone fancy having a go at one of the finest, most beautiful aircraft ever to take to the sky?

(Not looking for a freebie, incidentally, although free stuff is always good. I'd be happy to buy such a model if I could find one I could afford...)

2. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The same model shows up from time to time on ebay Germany, I got mine there for about €25. Someday I might even get the nerve up to build it...