Looking for a small engine

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Oclee, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oclee

Oclee New Member

Hi, I'm new on this forum and I could use some help.

For my graduation study I'm designing and building an unmanned vehicle, flying with a ducted fan. I know I need a fuel-powered helicopter or car engine, 2-stroke. I'm looking for the smallest one available on the open market, does anybody have an idea?

The vehicle weighs about 1 to 1.5 kg and the engine has to have a pullstarter.

Thanks
  2. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Are you sure you need a ducted fan? These engines are expensive and the planes are generally a bit harder to fly at slower speeds because there is no air from a prop moving across the control surfaces. I would suggest going to a prop driven model for simplicity, higher performance,and less cost. For a 1.5 kg model an engine like an OS FX25 would work well but it doesn't have a pull starter. :)
  3. matt123

matt123 New Member

i have a really small .15 ae stock engine. all it needs is new head screws ($2.00) and a new starting spring for the pull start ($6.00) both are available at your local hobby shop. i'll sell it for about 40. it has only been run about 10 times. email me at slipfan14@hotmail.com
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.