Looking for a good A-10 model in 1:33 scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by billmcc, Jul 4, 2004.

1. billmcc

billmcc Member

Greetings All,

I plan on buying and building an A-10 model in 1:33 scale. Are any of the models currently available (from Fly Model and Maly Modelarz) any good? Or should I wait and see if GPM or Halinski release an A-10 model?

Regards, Bill M.
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I like the Maly Modelarz one.

you could scale up the Pmodel warthog

i still like the look of that one

3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Maly Modelarz A-10 is an excellent model. Due to the fact that it was designed several years ago it lacks cocpit detail and wheel wells but the fit is excellent.
  4. billmcc

billmcc Member

I thought about enlarging the PModel A-10, but it would have no cockpit detail and a paper canopy. I would like to put a clear ready-made canopy on the model.

Regards, Bill M.
  5. Texman

Texman Guest

As I own all of the above mentioned kits and then some...

The Maly kit is definately tops.
    PModel, although small, is good.
    FlyModel is ok
    Geli..printed on some type of metallic paper,
    ink is thin, showing the metallic through
    in a lot of places. Just to much work to
    get an acceptable model.

Hope this gives a little more insight

6. Swinger

Swinger Member

The first issue of A-10 by MM (1994) was one of the best MM models of the nineties. In 2001 it was published again, with different camouflage and some corrections.
  7. mark

mark Member

8. SteveM

SteveM Member

I am building the later release A-10 now. It does have cockpit details, but no wheel wells. The fit is excellent as you say, but the 2 copies I have have some color matching problems from piece to piece (the wings and the nose art in particular).

9. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

There is cocpit but it is not at the same level as for example GPM/ Halinski models.
    I personally preffer the older issue (1994) of the A-10 - the grays don't really work for me...
    On the upside for the 2001 release it has much better paper and there is some ordnance added to the model. I didn't notice any discolorations on the model but that's probably something which shows during the build when you put model together. It's a shame that such a beautiful model has those problems....
  10. tino

tino Member

Here it is a picture of the Fly model A-10