Looking for a crane

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Dad&Son RR, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Dad&Son RR

Dad&Son RR New Member

I am looking for one of these container cranes for my layout does anybody know here I can get one. Thank You.

Attached Files:

2. tverskaya

tverskaya Member

Wow, that one's gargantuan.

I know that at least Vollmer makes a container crane which is much smaller than this one. Seen also some other kit, not sure of the manufacturer though.
  3. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Look on Ebay under N Scale Gantry crane or just N Scale crane I know that I have seen a few on there not sure if that is what you are looking for
  4. sams

sams Member

5. coachC

coachC Member

6. BNSFtheLeader

BNSFtheLeader Member

I'll tell you what I've been looking for one for about a year now and I've been thinking about customizing one but if I do It's going to be Totally motorized and lit up but the biggest down side to the whole thing is that there is no real kit/Kit's to bash together so I''m going to have to construct the whole thing based on PlastiStruct, BrassDreams, and some other Brass details just to get the structor never mind the Lighting and the motorization. I've got some basic Ideas but not have actually started yet. I can guran tee you that once I do with all the researce and time I have in it already I'm going get a patton and sell the darn thing.

Unless you happen to find one first I herd through the grape vine that burtt made a proto type and planed to distibute about 2 years ago but I still have not seen it interduced to the public.

We'll see, Someone's got to make one some day.

Are you looking for a Scale sized model or a scaled down size?
    I'm looking for 4 Scale size Models.

Good luck, Joshua.
  7. johnny b

johnny b Member

fiferhobby.com currentlly has the Walthers crane under structures
  8. Dad&Son RR

Dad&Son RR New Member

Well my brother-in-law is already started on building one, but lets just say he is not very gifted in that area[​IMG] ...
  9. johnny b

johnny b Member

Here's a picture of the one at fiferhobby. It's not exactlly like your picture but I think it looks good.

Attached Files:

10. piston_8

piston_8 New Member

11. piston_8

piston_8 New Member

Here is the Walthers Mi-Jack
  12. shortliner

shortliner Member

There is an HO one on ebay right now, with just over a day to run
    Item number: 6042635022
    Also 3 walthers HO Mi-Jacks
    Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
  13. Sunburn

Sunburn Member

Size matters...

The overall scene is important. If you are going to have one of those scale container ships in the scene, you should probably scratchbuild to the real one. If you are just moving containers from gondolas to staging or trailers, use a kit. If you do scratch one, take pictures. I wanna see somebody do one. (Watched an episode of SuperShips on Discovery, the one about container ships, WHOA!)
  14. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

15. engineshop

engineshop Member

I think Searails.com has given up on N-scale. I could only find Z-scale items and no link to their N-scale items.
  16. Sunburn

Sunburn Member

They give prices for Z and N scales. I didn't see a price on the Marine Terminal Crane at all. I emailed a price request.

Wow. That is cool.
  17. Sunburn

Sunburn Member

Email back from SeaRails. It is only a finished product now at a cost of $399. Ouch!
  18. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

Whoa! Time for some plastruct and evergreen styrene shapes!