Looking for 2 paper models !!

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by allhallowseve, Dec 21, 2006.

1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Does anybody have or know if the there were any paper model made of a "Pantera" and The San Francisco house's in my travel i have't found any just wondering ???

Attached Files:

2. hobby-bob

hobby-bob New Member

San Francisco Houses

Pascaline at one time made a set of three San Francisco Victorian houses; these are out of print. Linea Forma also produces a set of different San Francisco houses. These can be found at http://www.lineaforma.com/models.html.
  3. rowiac

rowiac Member

4. JLKasper

JLKasper New Member

Pantera Card Model

Ahhh, Italian styling with a 351 Cleveland...

I seem to remember a paper model Pantera, but you'd be extremely hard pressed to find one. When Ford decided to drop the Pantera in the US due to flagging sales and tightening emissions & safety standards (1973, IIRC), Motor Trend magazine took this as a call to arms. They published a form letter to the Marketing Director of Ford, where the reader would sign their name to it, and mail it to Ford (of course, a deposit check would have made a stonger impression). I also seem to remember a simple cutout model of the Pantera in that or another MT issue from that time frame. You might want to do a Google search to see if there's a Motor Trend collector out there and they could confirm this. Somebody out there has one...

Now that my memory is refreshed a bit, perhaps that cutout model was a prototype mid-engine Corvette that bore a strong resemblance to the Pantera.

For a scratch builder, this would be probably be a relatively simple project-- a lot of sharp angles and no compound curves. Good luck in your search!
  5. rowiac

rowiac Member

I remember that model! It was a mid-engine Corvette prototype and would have been in a 1973-74 or so issue of Motor Trend. A few years ago I went back through my collection of car magazines and couldn't find it. Maybe I'll have to look again more carefully...

Anyway, it would have looked either like this:

or this:

The first one had a 4-rotor Wankel. The second sported an all-aluminum body instead of the usual Corvette fiberglass.

6. rowiac

rowiac Member

Well I did some research, and found that the Corvette paper model was a 4-rotor prototype (the first one in my post above) and it was in the January 1974 issue of Motor Trend.