Lookin' twice just to be sure

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Jeb checked twice just to be sure...he felt the earth shaking with that tunnel motor sitting there, but it really wasn't moving so he crossed the tracks.

Attachments

• PC120037.JPG
    PC120037.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 146

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Love it...Love it!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: H D....it all looks outstanding as usual! The grade crossing looks sweet as well;)

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Many many thanks Steve. That SP unit is by Intermountain and really detailed (for Nscale) and I haven't the desire to weather anything but the couplers yet - she's just too pretty in clean kodachrome. BTW...been following your layout...WOW what progress and an amazing curved bridge ya got going there!

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
The detailing is awesome for any scale! She's a beauty and looks good clean. Along with "Jeb's" truck and the other one as well...it really makes a tremendous scene. Good stuff!

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Herc Driver said:
Jeb checked twice just to be sure...he felt the earth shaking with that tunnel motor sitting there, but it really wasn't moving so he crossed the tracks.

But what he didn't see was the BNSF lashup rolling 45mph on the second set of tracks coming up behind the stationary tunneler.

**SMASH**

;)

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah Mikey - I still look many times too.

I watched a Plymouth Fury hit an MP-15 broadside once...the guy never slowed down. The switcher was creeping along shuffling tank cars from a Monsanto plant and the auto was doing maybe 30 mph or so. Didn't phase the engine at all but messed up the car. Good thing it was older Fury...that thing must have been made with iron because it hit, smashed a bit, and recoiled off the diesel and two people got out without a scratch. The diesel just creeped along like nothing happened almost like the laws of physics didn't apply to something that heavy and strong.