Lookin' twice just to be sure

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Herc Driver, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Jeb checked twice just to be sure...he felt the earth shaking with that tunnel motor sitting there, but it really wasn't moving so he crossed the tracks.

Attached Files:

2. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Love it...Love it!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: H D....it all looks outstanding as usual! The grade crossing looks sweet as well;)
  3. Herc Driver

Many many thanks Steve. That SP unit is by Intermountain and really detailed (for Nscale) and I haven't the desire to weather anything but the couplers yet - she's just too pretty in clean kodachrome. BTW...been following your layout...WOW what progress and an amazing curved bridge ya got going there!
  4. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

The detailing is awesome for any scale! She's a beauty and looks good clean. Along with "Jeb's" truck and the other one as well...it really makes a tremendous scene. Good stuff!
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's Great!!! You know - When that happens here - I STILL get uneasy crossing in front of the train..... Must be the way I was brought up - with all those adults telling us to look both ways and look again!!!!! :D :D :D :D
  6. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

But what he didn't see was the BNSF lashup rolling 45mph on the second set of tracks coming up behind the stationary tunneler.

7. Herc Driver

LOL!!! You've been seeing one of my operation sessions again haven't you!?!
  8. Herc Driver

Yeah Mikey - I still look many times too.

I watched a Plymouth Fury hit an MP-15 broadside once...the guy never slowed down. The switcher was creeping along shuffling tank cars from a Monsanto plant and the auto was doing maybe 30 mph or so. Didn't phase the engine at all but messed up the car. Good thing it was older Fury...that thing must have been made with iron because it hit, smashed a bit, and recoiled off the diesel and two people got out without a scratch. The diesel just creeped along like nothing happened almost like the laws of physics didn't apply to something that heavy and strong.
  9. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Cool pic, would make an interesting display.

10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Picture.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  11. Dick Elmore

Dick Elmore Member

Great pic! But it worries me a little, I work for Auto Zone.:cry:

Texas Chief
  12. Dick Elmore

Dick Elmore Member

:oops: Sorry about that. I must have stuttered when I hit "Submit".

Texas Chief
  13. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Cool Pic Herc, Love that SP unit:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  14. Herc Driver

Thanks guys.