Lookin' For a Slogan

rockislandmike

I thought some of you brilliant souls might have some ideas.

I'm creating a new private carrier for my railroad, J. Clarke Refigeration. Named after a friend of mine, it's gonna be purely reefers - bright orange with brown and red lettering.

I'd like to put a slogan under the logo (see below). So far the only ones I've come up with are:

* ride the ice
* ship it cold

Anyone ??? Anyone ??? Bueller ??? Bueller ???

Attachments

• jclarke.jpg
    jclarke.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 99

billk

About everyone (although I wonder about the UK sometimes) knows what "On the rocks" means wrt ordering a drink. Rocks, Rock Island, is there a connection?

jon-monon

Originally posted by billk
About everyone (although I wonder about the UK sometimes) knows what "On the rocks" means wrt ordering a drink. Rocks, Rock Island, is there a connection?

OK, this one takes a NJ accent: The Clarks Ship it on the Rocks

Pronounced: The Clocks Ship it in the Rocks :D :D :D

TR-Flyer

Depending upon your friend, and era:

"The Pure Refer Line" (Ja Mahn)

"Keep it on ICE"

"Ice Baby Ice"

"Icy Hot!"

"The Cool One"

"Chilly Willie"

"The DEEP Freeze"

"We Keep You on Ice"

Perhaps a little more burbon......

Regards,
Ted

msh

Hi Michael - I don't have a slogan for you, but I would like to suggest a different font to represent J. Clarke.

Strictly from a design stanpoint, you want any logo to be instantly readable and identifiable. It took me a few moments to make out what it said as the font's loops stood out more than the letters themselves. For some those few seconds could ruin it for you.

I like the glow on the outer edge, but I might try using cooler colors like the blues and greens to better represent refrigeration and thin it out a bit so as to not make the letters too muddy.

As to your background melting ice cube graphic - lighten it up. Background graphics should stay in the background and should support the verbage and not overpower it. So if it's an ice cube, it ought to appear as an ice cube, which would be white and grey with soft edges and a hint of color from the logo in front of it.

Sorry if I went overboard - only sticking my nose in where it doensn't belong.

rockislandmike

LOL thanks Dave, can't believe I missed that !!!!!!!!!!!!

<< PS - Thx to Cid, who sent me a private message about the spelling as well; I've fixed the spelling in the original logo and jotted down everyone's suggestions - I'll make the final decision when I get the undec reefers >>

How about:

"Chilled to perfection"

"Chilling out"

"Iceberg dead ahead" ----taken from the lookout on the Titanic.

"We keep you cool"

"Be cool, stay cool"

msh

Okay... since someone else posted their own design, here's one for you.....

Attachments

• jclarke.gif
    jclarke.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 38

rockislandmike

Damn I do like that logo, msh. Don't you dare delete it !!!!

What did you create it in ???

<< it would probably require white reefers instead of orange, but I do like it a lot >>

msh

Why thank you Mike. :D
I really enjoyed making it and hope you find it useful. Naturally, I can change it if you'd like.

Sorry, but I didn't understand what you meant with the white / orange reefers thing.

I use Macromedia Fireworks for this kind of work. Used to use Photoshop but it was overwhelming, and Paintshop Pro which was fine but didn't support vector graphics. I like the Macromedia family of products very much. They're easy to handle, do a lot and integrate very well with each other.