Look what I got for a buck.

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by causticphlegm, Aug 7, 2008.

1. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Got this little hole punch set today at a dollar store (Dollarama for you Canadians). First thought was that they would be garbage, but for a buck I could afford to find out. :) Man, these little suckers are RAZOR sharp and cut like a champ. Now maybe the small stuff won't intimidate me so much. I've always balked at stuff with small holes. Don't know whether it's just because I don't have the patience of a saint for them or whether it's because I know I don't have fine enough control.

Knife used for scale.

NULLMOON Member

great bargain:thumb: what sizes are they?
  3. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Sorry, but sizes were neither on the packaging nor on the punches themselves. Guess it's just gonna be a case of eyeballing the best fit for the holes.
  4. Darwin

Darwin Member

Dan, that's likely why they were only a buck.
  5. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

Nice Find! Just be careful not to punch holes through your cutting matte. I usually cut on top of a scrap piece of hard wood (the back side of laminate flooring works great). In addition to protecting your cutting matte, the hard surface of the wood makes for a very clean crisp hole, no ragged edges or indents.

Model on....
  6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Off to the Dollar store......hope they have them here. GREAT FIND! Thanks for sharing!
  7. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

Would you mind sharing which chain of dollar stores you purchased these?
  8. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Dollarama. Don't know if it's outside Canada or not.
  9. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

Not around the forests of Eastern Oklahoma, anyway. Oh, well!
  10. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Should have read the initial post more carefully before I dashed out. :oops: No such thing here in Lower Alabama. :cry:
  11. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Just picked up what appears to be the same set. Sizes are listed as 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 5.0mm.
  12. AttackNME

AttackNME New Member

Oh nice! actually cutting the big holes are easier, and its cutting out small holes that are a pain, making this tool fit for ur purpose!
  13. That is why I putchased a bunck of hand punches. they are great for making small wheels. Just punch out a pile and clue them together. Ir round the with a dremmel tool. I mount them right on the tool itself and then hold it against a fingernail file. Makes perfect wheels everytime.
  14. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Ok folks, here's the deal.

I scored 10 sets of these little puppies today. (The girl at the counter looked a little bewildered). 3 of them are spoken for so that leaves 7 sets that I wanna give away to people here. I will pay for shipping. You owe me nothing except a thank you if you can spare the time. :mrgreen:

Just a few things:

1. I make no claim about the quality of them. You may end up getting a really crappy set.

2. You must live in the continental US or Canada. Shipping costs and all that.

3. You MUST be an active and helpful member of this forum (build threads, test builders, designer, advice giver, moderator, etc)

4. First come first served. Just pm me your mailing address. DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFO IN THIS THREAD. If you do not get a response from me it means someone beat you to it or you didnt meet the above criteria.

If I get any more in the future i will post. Apparently its a real crap shoot about what they get in stock and when.

Btw, if this is against any forum rules plz delete this post.
  15. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

C'mon guys, don't be shy. There are still 2 that are unspoken for. I'm gonna be mailing them this weekend.
  16. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Ok, they were shipped an hour ago. Hope you guys enjoy them. If i get more i'll let you all know.
  17. Hey thanks a bunch. If I can help you any way let me know. I have 10gigs of files so if you eed anything give me a ring.