Look at my N scale downtown!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by MilesWestern, Sep 2, 2007.

1. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Some buildings I'm building for a client, 90% finished! :thumb:

I invite all of you to stop by my site and take a look at more of my work: protopaintwest - PROTOPAINT WEST INTRODUCES ITS NEWEST SE

Here's some of the complex wiring found in a the Cafe: Two neon signs, plus lighting for the entire structure.

And this is just 1/4 of all the buildings! :eek:

2. Flyboy41

Flyboy41 Member

Lookin' good. How are you painting those? I can never get bricks to look good.
  3. MilesWestern

It's painstaking, believe me! That's at least four different colors of paint, and about 6-7 think coats where needed on the Winfield Cafe.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Awesome work! I like the battery pack hidden in the cafe. :cool:
  5. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Are those the DPM kits? They look great...I know how tough it is to paint those Nscale buildings - steady hand/tiny brush. Where did you find a fire escape? It looks like a perfect fit.
  6. railohio

railohio Active Member

Looks good, n00b. When you going to finally make the switch to Normal scale?

7. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

i cant get my structures to look that good in HO let alone N! great work miles.--josh
  8. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Let me tell you how good you painting skils are: in that first pic, I actualy thought that you'd taken a pic of a real building (I only saw the top half). You are a MASTER painter. I can hardly paint the indivual bricks in HO scale, so I can probably relate to how painstaking it is for N scale...
  9. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Very nice! I really like the cafe sign and the other advertisements painted onthe walls. Great looking details like the fire escape drive my less-than-nimble fingers crazy! Well done!
  10. COX 47

COX 47 Member

very nice painting and weathering....Do you brush paint windows or mask and spray?...Cox 47
  11. MilesWestern

You'll just have to buy one of my buildings and find out! :mrgreen::thumb:
  12. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

Excellent work MilesWestern. First class superdetailing on that Winfield ( best known as Roadkill ) cafe. You are a perfectionist ( It helps when you want to make a living building scale structures )
    DPM makes very nice structures.The only complaint I have is that they should make the doors and windows separate items.

Here is my humble "amateur version" of it.

13. jsoflo

jsoflo Member

Those buildings look GREAT!
  14. MilesWestern

Thanks jsoflo! Chek out my website in my signature for MORE!