Look at my N scale downtown!

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Some buildings I'm building for a client, 90% finished! :thumb:

I invite all of you to stop by my site and take a look at more of my work: protopaintwest - PROTOPAINT WEST INTRODUCES ITS NEWEST SE

USSHORNET182.jpg

USSHORNET180.jpg

USSHORNET177.jpg

USSHORNET178.jpg

Here's some of the complex wiring found in a the Cafe: Two neon signs, plus lighting for the entire structure.

USSHORNET172.jpg

And this is just 1/4 of all the buildings! :eek:

USSHORNET174.jpg

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Are those the DPM kits? They look great...I know how tough it is to paint those Nscale buildings - steady hand/tiny brush. Where did you find a fire escape? It looks like a perfect fit.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Looks good, n00b. When you going to finally make the switch to Normal scale?

~BS

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Let me tell you how good you painting skils are: in that first pic, I actualy thought that you'd taken a pic of a real building (I only saw the top half). You are a MASTER painter. I can hardly paint the indivual bricks in HO scale, so I can probably relate to how painstaking it is for N scale...

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Very nice! I really like the cafe sign and the other advertisements painted onthe walls. Great looking details like the fire escape drive my less-than-nimble fingers crazy! Well done!
Ralph

COX 47

Dec 28, 2004
very nice painting and weathering....Do you brush paint windows or mask and spray?...Cox 47

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Excellent work MilesWestern. First class superdetailing on that Winfield ( best known as Roadkill ) cafe. You are a perfectionist ( It helps when you want to make a living building scale structures )
DPM makes very nice structures.The only complaint I have is that they should make the doors and windows separate items.

Here is my humble "amateur version" of it.

00136.jpg