Look and see what came past my house

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Dakota train, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Dakota train

Dakota train Member

Everytime I hear the whistle blowing, I have to look outside and see what the local RR is hauling. First time I've see anything like this going by.

Attached Files:

2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Is that what would be called an Arctic Cat?
  3. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Now that's a load!! Wonder were it is headed? Maybe a mine or something?

Cool Pics:thumb: :thumb: :D
  4. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

He lives near the big coal mines out there, and Cat will paint em whatever color you want....considering what they go for now they should be gold plated.....sign1

Cool picture!

5. Dakota train

Dakota train Member

Off to the mine

This cat is off to the local coal mine which is about 25 miles from me. They have all their equipment painted white. Does anybody know if their is a Ho model of this cat or equivilant to it.:wave:
  6. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Actually, yes. Of all the people, HotWheels has made this particular "Cat" in Metal and Plastic, and they look pretty nice! Just check the local toy store. :thumb: You'll have to paint it that color though.
  7. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

It may be just me... but I can't help but wonder why in the world would someone run white equipment in a coal mine????
  8. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

You make a good point theresign1 Beats me.

They do make scale models of these , butI have only seen them in 1/50 scale. The "toy" ones that are made my hotwheels... are not to scale but would still do the job. And hey, they are under $1.50 most of the time!!
  9. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

If you look around you can find them for around $0.80. I remember when I got them back in the day for $0.54 alll day long. sign1
  10. viperman

viperman Active Member

Cool cat! Never seen a white one myself
  11. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Try Norscot. They make a lot of HO scale CAT stuff. Quite pricey, but you may even get lucky and find one in Wal-Mart. Cheaper model, not as detailed as the collector series, but make nice flatcar loads.
  12. train1

train1 Member

What is your local RR called - I couldn't make out the letters on the CN patched units. Is that second unit a repaint also or a lease.
  13. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

So you can tell when it's dirty...! ;) :D sign1 hamr

14. Dakota train

Dakota train Member

Train1, the local RR is called DMVW Dakota Missouri Valley Western. As far as the second unit, I believe it is a repaint, it does say DMVW on it.