LONG train cam video....

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Iron Goat, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Check out this "train cam" video, it takes a very long time to load, but it is well worth it ! This layout must be about the size of New Jersey... it is awesome, even on the small screen. Once again, it takes an unusually long time to "load", but stay with it.... and it will play.

Bob :thumb:

2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

No doubt! Wasn't that almost 20 minutes? Though, when I visited the San Diego Model Railroad Museum, it took one of the HO guys 1hr 45 minutes to go from bottom to top and back down again. That second song sounded remarkably like "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitgerald." Same artist? Can anybody collaborate that?
  3. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Gordon Lightfoot sang that, and it did sound like him. The video trip was 17 minutes plus, and (correct me if I'm wrong) I didn't see the same scenery repeated anywhere in the whole movie. The Edmonton club lists it's mainline track as 380 feet plus, and they have quite an impressive website. I'll bet opertaions night is something to remember...

4. jkinosh

jkinosh Member

Very impressive, and only 2 minutes to download the whole 17 mintes.

Gotta Love T1 lines at work.

5. Raistlin

Raistlin Member

Wow, that was awesome. Of course it makes my layout look dull and potato like.
  6. CPR9100

CPR9100 New Member

That was a great vid to watch to bad it had no sound.

Blind Bay BC. Canada
  7. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

It had sound! Or at least a soundtrack. Are you referring to the lack of choo choo noises?
  8. CPR9100

CPR9100 New Member

I guess both I never heard no track sound engine sound it have would have been killer,
    sound makes the differance in the engine brings it to life LOL.
    I'am about to put sound in a SD40-2 and SD90/43 Mac.

Blind Bay BC. Canada
  9. Taylor

Taylor New Member

holy moly.....that was great. Where is that layout at?
  10. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

11. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

I am on cable at home here and it only took me 68 seconds to download it.
  12. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I had trouble with your link. Even after I replaced the .ca with .com. It kept taking me to Sexy Albanian Singles:oops: :oops:
    I found it here http://www.infoharvest.ab.ca/EMRA/emra.html
    Care to hazard a guess as to what the annual dues are for this club? I looked but did not find them immediately apparent.
  13. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

I'll bet I couldn't afford it !

14. Pete

Pete Member

Estimated 4 hours and 10 minutes to D/L it...maybe some other day.
  15. Taylor

Taylor New Member

LOL...are you on dial-up?
  16. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

TrainNut, that is just your home page coming back up. :D

Pete, you gotta move to civilization, you know, places where high speed are available. sign1
  17. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

It only took 70 seconds to download on my cable . :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: but I couldn't find anything that would open it.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  18. Pete

Pete Member

Yeh, that or upgrade the telephone wiring in this old house; best speed I can get is 26,400 whatevers/sec:cry:
  19. EMRA Member

EMRA Member Guest

Emra Dues

Dues are around 100 a year.