Long range Helicopter with camera

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by northwood81, Feb 29, 2008.

1. northwood81

northwood81 New Member

Hi, I need some help buying a long range helicopter. I would like one that has a long range and long flight time. I need it to look take pictures of land from the air. I don't care about noise or anything really other than flight time and distance. I would also be interested in one that could carry a payload as well. Any suggestions? Thanks
  2. Flyboy73

Flyboy73 New Member

Sure, that's easy... The Autocopter from NRI. A friend of mine builds and test pilots for them:

If you can't afford the $50k for one of these, I have a Century Predator Condor Gasser with 6.5' main rotor diameter I use for AP work I'll sell you for $5k.

Outside of that, what do you consider long range? You cannot fly beyond your visual range without an autopilot, and those are extremely expensive for helicopters. If you cannot see it well, you are not going to be able to fly it well either, no matter how good you might be. Then you put people on the ground in danger.

If you want a cheepy AP platform just to go up and take pictures of your house at 20-50 feet AGL, you could get a T-Rex 450 and strap on a small point and shoot camera to it. You are still looking at about a grand there.