Long design -- Chengdu J-10

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Lex, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I've managed to grab an illustration on the cockpit instrument arrangement so that's fine now. The landing gear details were consolidated from a great number of photos, but the gear well is, well, not documented anywhere I've looked. That's a lesson learned, the quality of your model depends on the details, and that depends on how much research you did.
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Tried adding panel lines just yesterday, with success :D I love the intersect command ~
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Wow, that looks great.
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I agree, this is coming along nicely!
    It looks really good! Nice work!

5. Alcides

Alcides Member

Hello Nezard

Your desing is looking better and better.

Yes and No. I think you have choices:
    1)Research a lot ( a year, buy books, etc) to develop a very detailed model.
    2) Research what you can reach without expend money ( Just what you cand find in the internet).
    3) Any point between 1 and 2 ( just buy one book, etc ).

and when you design the model you can:
    1) Put all the information in the model ( very detailed if you have got a lot of data).
    2) Choose some level of detail and keep it in all the model.
    3) Design a simple model with represents well the aircraft.

I think you don't have bad choices here, just you take one. Are bad the models by Emil Zarkov with all the detail? Are bad the simpler models by fiddlersgreen ? I think the are both very good.

Some people has the time and patiente ( and space ) to build this incredibles aircraft on 1/33 scale. Others just prefer build several simpler and smaller models. Some people as Jim Krauliz turn a FG model in a piece of art building in small scale.

It's ok. Just take your option as designer.

6. Nobi has a new conqulega...
    Cheers billy
  7. kooklik

kooklik Member

WOW Nezard your model looks great !!
    Very nice in surface and pattern building.
    Want to see more other views.
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for pointing this out Alcides, well, I guess every designer has their own way of doing things. And thanks to everybody for the support that keeps me going :)
  9. sergiotang95

sergiotang95 Member

The J-10 is coming out great! I need to get this when you finish! Oh and I wanted to point out that there are little metal rods connecting the bottom thingamajig (I'm not too technical) to the fuselage.
  10. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The bottom thingamajig?

Is that beside the dohickey, or aft of the whatchamacallit? ;-)
  11. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Nezard, I can't believe I missed this thread! Really neat piece of modelling there, of a very pretty-looking aircraft. And it goes without saying I'm really pleased you are using Rhino!

12. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

nezard sorry for not reply long time just not mach time to the paper work
    but your work is out stending (look on the deswctop pic topic and u going to like me new pic :) )
  13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Ah... Those... I'm going to put those in as details, thanks for reminding though, I could've forgot... :D And thanks for all the kind words guys. Yaniv, I'm trying to work on a fully rendered picture that might be suitable for desktop, not sure how I'll do it though...
  14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Now for the landing gears

Really not that lot of information available on this... The gear well can be regarded as a blank canvas:oops: but that's the best I can do for now. All that's remaining are the external details and some more cockpit work.
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

One more shot
  16. Alcides

Alcides Member

The landing gear looks detailed for 1/48 scale. I think the models is going to have several small parts here.

17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for the advice, I'll check what details to include and what not during unroll. But I think there will inevitably be some small parts...
  18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Nice stuff...

Is this going to remain 1/72?
  19. pipy

pipy Member

dude, here is the support come from home!

20. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

With all the kind supports... so... I've finished all the details etc, and then I found out the cockpit is overly complicated compared to the rest of the model... Think I'll have to leave it to the builder to decide what details to include and what not.

Also, I'm not sure whether to worry about paper thickness or not, since with "normal" 0.1mm thickness printing paper, I'm only going to generate 0.45mm misfit in the skin... And suggestions?