Long design -- Chengdu J-10

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Lex, Apr 19, 2007.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

1/33 please p[lease please and i will mary u hahahaha
  2. Alcides

Alcides Member

Well, first: The beta looks great !!!

About the scale:

Well, if you want to work a lot you can do it 1/33. But I think for 1/33 you need copkit detail.

I think 1/48 is fine, you can add detail but you can keep it without copkit as Nobi does.

About 1/72, well is think is small for this very good model.:wink:

3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Wow, I can't believe I just saw this thread, I've been looking for a model of this fighter for a long time now.

I'm really liking the looks of the small model you just built, thats practically ideally sized for me, (I like the small simple models sometimes).

I would suggest you make it in multiple scales, 1/33, 1/48, 1/72, and my favorite, 1/144.

I don't suppose anyone has plans to make the J-9?
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

If you release it at 1:33 scale, Alcides is correct, it would probably have to include cockpit detail, along with other detail.

1:48/1:50 scale seems like a good scale and a popular one for lower detailed models. At that scale, the model can be resized up and down with little difficulty.

Very nice looking beta, by the way.
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on the cockpit details now, would it be possible to have them nicely on a 1/48 model without thing getting nasty?
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i will make u free website just fore see it on 1/33 hahahah
  7. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Cockpit details can look good on a 1:48/1:50 scale, especially for modern aircraft. It is up to you how much detail you want to design. If you design a lot of detail that is too difficult to build at that scale, one could always omit some of the parts when building it, or scale the model to 1:33. If you are really ambitious, you could have two sets of cockpits, one simple and one complex.
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Then 1/48 with details it is. I'm not intending to go too far on cockpit for it's very easy (or is it?!) to add scratchbuilt details to that.
  9. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Great! Looking forward to it.
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

First bit of cockpit...

Not as easy as it seems, but it's coming out alright:
  11. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Looking good! Way beyond my skills.
  12. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

13. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

w-o-w!!!!!!!!!!1 that looks amazing!!!! how much is rhino?
  14. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

Very nice indeed Nezard.... maybe i'm naive, but is this model going to be free........ (when finished :) )

HAH... just checking...... I'll be first in line for it ok!
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'm 99% sure the model will be free. ;) But cmdr, Rhino is quite an investment though... The student price is ~£200 (or is it $'s? I'll have to check)
  16. Man, you're good at this, wish I could pull that off on a computer..
    In the mean while I'll do my X-2 in the " look mama... no computer" style :grin:
    Nice going, see who finishes first..
    Cheers, Billy
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

It must be you who will finish the design first Billy ;) I'm lacking progress recently, reason being I have to research into the details... (that's something I'm not good at)

Finished much of the cockpit and intake just now, and it's time to tackle the landing gears. (might have some fudge factor in them for I had no idea of how they should look like yet)
  18. Alcides

Alcides Member

Looks good and complicated :wink:

I just avoided the copckit development in the pulqui because the detail research. I waiting to see your solution.
  19. kooklik

kooklik Member

Nice cockpit. !
  20. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i want it and i want it now