Lol Humor!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by papa smurf37, Nov 17, 2002.

1. papa smurf37

papa smurf37 New Member

OFF-TRACK BETTING: section gang playing poker in a handcar shed
    WYE: what a wife says real loud when she finds the receipt for your brass loco
    HUMP YARD: where stockcar loads of camels get sorted
    44 TONNER: someone who loves greasy burgers, onion rings and ice cream a lot
    HOSTLER: where a cowboy keeps his 44
    GANDYDANCER: first prize winner at the section gang's hoedown
    HELPER: Boy Scout assisting elderly lady across the street
    DEAD END BUMPER: my Lazy-boy recliner
    NOTCH 8: a very successful gunfighter
    TUNNEL: what a #$@& groundhog keeps digging in my yard
    SUPERELEVATION: lots of marguretas
    CABEESE: a flock of cabooses
    DERAIL: my wife always drives one street over from the hobby shop when I'm in the car
    WHISTLEPOST: a street corner with a lot of sailors watching girls go by
    DYNAMIC BRAKES: what some girls had in the back seat at the drive-in movie
    SUPERCHARGER: what you had in the back seat at the drive-in movie
    HOTBOX: an overheated plain bearing on a car wheel journal
    POWER SUPPLY: a case of Jack Daniels
    TENDER: your butt after watching an all-night tv marathon of your favorite show
    IN THE HOLE: my model railroad equipment budget
    HOBO VILLAGE: a group of ex-Enron lower-echelon employees
    PASSING TRACK: what a gambling junkie has trouble doing
    REEFER: come on; you don't remember!
    INTERLOCKING: you're back at the drive-in movie again, I see
    TIE REPLACEMENT: it's Christmas time again at your house
    BAD TURNOUT: my last high school reunion
    TORTOISE SWITCH MACHINE: romance after retirement
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Some of mine:

freight - What a policeman tells you - "I'm a FREIGHT I'm gonna have to give ya a ticket"

Enginner - No put the caboose here, the Engineer!!

0-4-0 -- a good lottery number

Fireman - the guys that put out fires

Boxcars - something you don't want to roll on a crap table
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Hmmm, I thought the hump yard WAS the drive-in movie! :)
  4. Tim

Tim New Member

How about, 2-8-2 + 2-8-8-2???

Rush's phone #:eek: :D

5. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hey Tyson....When I was a teenager the back row of the local drive-in movie was right next to the C of GA mainline to Atlanta.:eek:

Did I have "the best of both worlds" or what?????:D :D :D :D
  6. Tyson Rayles

Vic when I was at the drive-in, trains were the last thing on my mind! :D :rolleyes: :p :eek: :D
  7. RI541

RI541 Member

Nope, I'm not going to go there from here.:D :D :D
  8. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

What's a "drive-in?"

I swear, when you old guys start talking...;)
  9. Tyson Rayles

Watch it Yakko or we will beat you to death with our canes!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :p :D :D :D
  10. N Gauger

yeah, Drive-ins!!! Then we'd go home & listen to Benny Goodman on our 78 RPM's LOL

Or if it was a "Good Night" we could listen to "The Shadow" on our radios. Some of them even had FM. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    ROFL - errrr..... "sitting here laughing". :)

~~ Mikey
  11. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Of course it could have been the "A & W" drive in where we just cruised the lot looking for prospects for the other "drive in".:D :D :D Jeez - has time gone by that fast???
  12. Vic

Vic Active Member

Awww come on now!!! You know you had to do something else during the intermissions between the triple feature horror movies besides go to the concession stand and get popcorn!!!:D :D :D :D

ROFLMAO!!!:D :D :D
  13. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Go to your local flee market. If you see a big white wall on stilts, that probably was a drive in.
  14. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Ya'll been down thru my area? That's exactly what the drive-in south o' me does.
    Friday - Sunday 8am to 4pm it's a Flea Market. At 6pm it's a different jumping bug.

Wait a minute.... I remember going to the drive-in with my parents.
    And a score o' years back with a girlfriend. Ain't no backseat in a Pickup though.
    Truck just needs ta' set REAL high fer undistrubed visit'n. :rolleyes: :D
  15. N Gauger

Truck???? TRUCK!??? You need a CAR!!!!!! Y'know One with a HUGE TrunK, ....... for "bringing ....errrrr supplies - yeah that's it ........uuuhhhhh --- supplies!!

~~ Mikey
  16. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Drive ins Hmmmm.
    Another missing feature for the mating game used to be the RR, not railroad but roller rinks. Where did they all go EH!!!
  17. acshrpe

acshrpe Member

I can't believe it! I know of a town that still has a drive-in movie theater still operating. Not only that, you can go to the A & W root beer stand and get curb service in your car. For those youngens, that is you sit in your car, a waitress comes and gets your food order. Then when it is ready, she/he will deliver it to you. They still have the old fashion root beer floats. This place is located in Michigan.

And NO, we are not some hillbillies that have not advanced with the times:D
  18. N Gauger

The A&W has us beat - But there is a Drive-in near us in MD that still shows movies every Saturday from March to October.

They sponsor a whole bunch of car shows too... Big M is it's name. Yeah, they have flea markets too. :) :) :)

~~ Mikey
  19. tomfassett

tomfassett Member

My old "home town" in Colorado (Monte Vista) still has a working drive in, an A&W with "car hops," and a Sonic with "car hops." And if that isn't heaven enough, it is home to the San Luis Central shortline RR. Sniff, sniff, what a great place...
    'Course, it seemed to really pick up after I left in '63--it was like some heavy burden was lifted from the place...:D ;)

Tom F
  20. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Leon's Frozen Custard in Oshkosh, WI (yum, yum!) still has car hops, and I found a drive-in movie that was still operating in Lexington, VA a few weeks ago. Seems to me that I read about a "new" drive-in movie somewhere, not too long ago. These things are still out there; you just have to really look for them.