Logo's

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
I have been told many ways that you can paint logo's on trains... I have bought some undecorated rail cars that have been painted already but I'm not quite sure how to add logo's or even words for that matter... Some people tell me that you have to use a brush.
Iv'e also been told that there are certain printing devices for this. What do you think?

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
To apply logos and heralds, it is usually done with decals or dry transfers.

Decals need to be soaked in water and floated off the backing paper, then applied onto the model's surface with a setting agent.

Dry transfers are rub-on's.

You can get custom decals.. There are decal paper on which you can use an inkjet printer to print custom decals.

Hope this helps.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
LongIslandTom said:
To apply logos and heralds, it is usually done with decals or dry transfers.

Decals need to be soaked in water and floated off the backing paper, then applied onto the model's surface with a setting agent.

Dry transfers are rub-on's.

You can get custom decals.. There are decal paper on which you can use an inkjet printer to print custom decals.

Hope this helps.

Microscale offers decal sheets of letters & numbers in an assortment of common railroad styles, also in an assortment of colors. If you make your own custom decals on an ink jet printer, I think most of the inks used by inkjet printers are water soluable. If that is the case, you need to spray a sealer coat of something like Floquil Crystal Clear over the decal sheet after printing, but before you put them in water to release the decals.