Logging on the MAT

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
These photos show that I am in the early days of building this section. While most of the MAT is flat, I took advantage of the steep grades of logging railways to come up with my section.
It occupies an area that is 11ft. by 18inches. The lead to the logging starts outside this area.
The first picture shows the main double track line in the forground, the start of the logging lead and high up, the end of the line

Attachments

• log4.jpg
    log4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 140

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
The third picture shows the location of a yet to be named creek which will be spanned by a trestle on the logging line and a truss bridge for the main line

Attachments

• log2.jpg
    log2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 139

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Robin,
Yeah, I love it, thats going to be one hell of a nice logging area when it get scenery to it. Now then, you want a name for the creek :D (Badger Creek):D now that it no longer exists.
BTW, Jimmy was supposed to come and see me, but he rang to say it was too far to come up. Pity, maybe next time.
Cheers friend

Shamus
waver.gif

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks for the suggestion Shamus. It will be an honour to have the creek named after the fantastic layout that used to have the name, Badger Creek.
Too bad Jimmy can't make it. He is a real nice guy and I know how much he thinks of your great layout and photography skills.
How far are you from Canterbury where Jimmy is visiting his daughter and family.
Thanks for your support Jon and Clerk.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Robin!
Nice to see the MAT getting up into the "high country" there!
What a great looking layout!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by Matthyro
Thanks for the suggestion Shamus. It will be an honour to have the creek named after the fantastic layout that used to have the name, Badger Creek.
Too bad Jimmy can't make it. He is a real nice guy and I know how much he thinks of your great layout and photography skills.
How far are you from Canterbury where Jimmy is visiting his daughter and family.
Thanks for your support Jon and Clerk.

Hi Robin,
Glad you can name it Badger Creek, like to see photo's of that later.

Canterbury is around 8 hours on a coach, Train around 6. But it can be done by car in 4 hours, if the Motorways are clear.

Shamus
waver.gif