Log Dump

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by shamus, Feb 2, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Just got around to getting the log dump nearly finished, need a few more trees around yet. (Need to make some :D)
  2. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Looking great Shamus, as always. Keep us posted please. Jim
    P. S. ( I am trying to figure out how to do all this in N scale) ;)
  3. camelot

camelot Member

Hi Paul , very nice scene as usual .:D
    One question though , are the logs in the forground surrounded by water or is this yet to be done or maybe i am looking at it wrong?:confused:

Also on another note , is Badger Creek gone (dismantled) or is Red Fox a part of Badger Creek and both remain ?

Ian :p
  4. shamus

shamus Registered Member

The logs were cut in half and inserted into the pond before water (Yacht Varnish) was put in.

Badger Creek no longer exists, Red Fox is a new layout. Still got the Badger Creek website along with Red Fox website. So nothing is lost.

5. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

There's only one way you could have made so much progress in so short a time!
    Isn't it time to get some sleep?? :D :D :D

If I may ask, how much of the old Badger Creek is being recycled in the Red Fox?

That Climax looks good!
  6. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Pete, Thanks friend, Now, - none of the old Badger was kept, only the trees.:D and some undergrowth I salvaged.

As for the climax, it was scratchbuilt onto a shay chassis.

7. sumpter250

I thought that looked familiar, you posted the how-to, in scratchin & bashin last June!
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hard at work

The log monkies are hard at work trying to clear a path to the hoist.

9. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Do those men ever get dunked?

Another good one.
  10. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

11. sumpter250

What amazes me the most is how quickly you put this together, and still maintain such a high quality of workmanship!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  12. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

How much time does it take, Shamus?
  13. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

14. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

15. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I think he has a Jolly group of Elves! Maybe hires Santa's duringthe off season! :D :D :D
  16. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

I'll bet it is the group of Gandy-dancers that Jon put out of business that have crossed the pond and found employment at Shamus's layout:D :D :D
  17. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Log driver's waltz

Shamus, are you familiar with the song Log Driver's Waltz ?
    It's a Canadian song, by Wade Hemsworth. There's a National Film Board (Canada) cartoon of it.
    Theme is that the log driver learns to step lightly and "the log driver's waltz pleases girls completely." Catchy tune too.
  18. Steam Donkey

Steam Donkey Member

19. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Steam donkey: Yes!
  20. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Many thanks indeed guys, your a great bunch.