Log Dump

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Just got around to getting the log dump nearly finished, need a few more trees around yet. (Need to make some :D)
dufox02.jpg

Shamus
wink.gif

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Hi Paul , very nice scene as usual .:D
One question though , are the logs in the forground surrounded by water or is this yet to be done or maybe i am looking at it wrong?:confused:

Also on another note , is Badger Creek gone (dismantled) or is Red Fox a part of Badger Creek and both remain ?

Cheers

Ian :p

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by camelot
Hi Paul , very nice scene as usual .:D
One question though , are the logs in the forground surrounded by water or is this yet to be done or maybe i am looking at it wrong?:confused:

Also on another note , is Badger Creek gone (dismantled) or is Red Fox a part of Badger Creek and both remain ?

Cheers

Ian :p

The logs were cut in half and inserted into the pond before water (Yacht Varnish) was put in.

Badger Creek no longer exists, Red Fox is a new layout. Still got the Badger Creek website along with Red Fox website. So nothing is lost.

Shamus
wink.gif

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
There's only one way you could have made so much progress in so short a time!
Isn't it time to get some sleep?? :D :D :D

If I may ask, how much of the old Badger Creek is being recycled in the Red Fox?

That Climax looks good!
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by sumpter250
There's only one way you could have made so much progress in so short a time!
Isn't it time to get some sleep?? :D :D :D

If I may ask, how much of the old Badger Creek is being recycled in the Red Fox?

That Climax looks good!
Pete

Hi Pete, Thanks friend, Now, - none of the old Badger was kept, only the trees.:D and some undergrowth I salvaged.

As for the climax, it was scratchbuilt onto a shay chassis.

Shamus
wink.gif

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hard at work

The log monkies are hard at work trying to clear a path to the hoist.
sfox35.jpg

Shamus

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Log driver's waltz

Shamus, are you familiar with the song Log Driver's Waltz ?
It's a Canadian song, by Wade Hemsworth. There's a National Film Board (Canada) cartoon of it.
Theme is that the log driver learns to step lightly and "the log driver's waltz pleases girls completely." Catchy tune too.