Loco's Loco (Porter Progress)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, Feb 26, 2007.

1. 46rob

46rob Member

I find that if I don't have at least a half dozen things in work--I go into terminal burnout. Fortunately, I'm no longer a "type A", and have learned to only work on something when the urge within me is strong. YOu should go back to your toys, woodworking projects, or whatever excites you. Put the Porter in the "bottom desk drawer" of your mind and do whatever it is you REALLY and TRULY feel like doing.

It's taken me ten years to figure out that once I retired, I no longer had to impose any deadlines on myself (that's what a wife is for). Card modeling is hobby, and hobbies are meant to be enjoyed. Once the fun goes away, it's time to go fishin'....the ultimate stress reliever (as long as nothing's biting).
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

You are correct Rob, in fact, I recall telling someone this recently! lol

Yes, the fun is designing and building, but the build/design thread is not fun for me. It is hard enough to do what I do, forget trying to explain it. Also, I need to keep secret what I am doing until I am done. This works best for me.

I have finished painting the parts I drew today. I am so close, I decided to wait until I finish to build.

I counted 75 parts so far, some of these will be used more than once.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!:grin:
  3. thewoodengraver

More parts drawn today. :)
    I drew the front and rear hitch assemblies.

Still to do: Smokestack, 3 domes, bell, hydrolics, linkage, some minor details and...done.
  4. thewoodengraver

Had a good day, finished the smokestack (prototype) I will have to fiddle with the parts a little, later...on to more parts tomorrow.
  5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Phil, you amaze me. You just keep on plugging away in spite of it all. No doubt in my mind this will be well worth the wait. One question, "How do you come up with all these fascinating threads to which everyone (seemingly) contributes?" :) You're a veritable Beethoven of card modeling.

6. thewoodengraver

Thank you.:oops:

Truthfully, I am inspired by everyone HERE....and, I think alot...and I try to pay attention...and I owe you all I have!
  7. thewoodengraver

Well...once in a while I lie...it is not intentional...took a day off yesterday.
    Played some Drums and Harmonica.

Trying to detox from Caffeine (don't laugh) serious business here in the High Desert, one can dehydrate in ten minutes in the Hot Sun, stroke out and Die in very little time afterwards if left untreated.

Also figured out that my Glasses were askew in a bent way, Bones (my dog) decided to body-slam my FACE a couple weeks ago while playing, and THAT was 95% of my vision problem! (I can be such a DORK!). I have attempted repair, but they were made with the cheapest material known to man, and they were garbage when I bought them.I would be better off if I used some Cardstock Glasses.

Give me a few Doctors who care, and I will do a REAL backflip!

I intend to continue today, tomorrow and maybe Sunday. Will not be very long now friends!:grin:
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Don't worry Phil, it's your design so take your time. I always find it helpful to have one day doing nothing at all.
  9. thewoodengraver

Thanks Nezard!...I like your avatar!

More progress...drew the pistons, gearbox, and linkage all the way to the cab.
    Have to draw the shift-lever and a few backhead details, the 3 domes and the bell.

I hear " Puff...Puff...Puff...CHOO CHOOOOOOOOO!".
  10. thewoodengraver

Shift lever complete, and all the backhead pipes and gauge as well...

3 domes, bell and whistle...and time to build!!!:grin::):wink:8):-D:roll::twisted:

Quitting for today...back to work tomorrow!

Choo Chooooooo!
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

[​IMG]"I can hear the train a comin...it's comin roun the ben,
    I ain't seen my baby...since, I don't know when"[​IMG]

Won't be long now, I can hear that whistle blowin!

12. thewoodengraver

My you sure do sang purty bro...nice little icons too!

Surprise, surprise!!! I finished the 3 domes.
    All that is left is the Bell and Whistle...rather poetic ain't it?
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

You're singing right along with me, Phil!

Or am I singing right along with you?

No matter, that's not just poetic but rather ironic, don't you think?

Glad things are going so well, buddy! Keep that train a rollin!

14. thewoodengraver

Party Time !!!

:grin: Nope...not what you think...(sorry).
    I finished last night what I was supposed to do today, so I get to PARTY today!!!

Played 2 hours of Mr Di Meola...3 more hours of The Dregs...gonna pop in Mr Vai...drinkin Pepsi...snuggling my Wifeypoo...scritchin my Dawg...LAFFIN!!!

With luck (the good kind) and some perseverance, I should finish this week...
    but NO PRESSURE!!! LOL
  15. thewoodengraver

Another fun-filled-day today! I FORCED MYSELF to take the day off.

I figure 40 hours a week designing is enough and I get Saturday and Sunday off if I want to.

I am rested, relaxed, refreshed and ready to roll...
    I will continue tomorrow...not much left to design and am starting the build.
    I will jump back-and-forth between designing, building, and a hopeful build thread.

I will finish all the details myself and release the model as BETA.

Once I have had a chance to run the design by more knowledgeable people on the subject, and fix any problems, I will release as final.

I also hope to do many more...one with origional paint, one weathered, and several other versions.

Thank you for tuning in to TWE Network. lol
  16. thewoodengraver

For every new thing I figure out, 3 things I forgot show up!

I am finalizing the parts list today. I have only the whistle to design and paint.
    Everything else has been painted, and now need to be added to the parts pages. Several other things need to be added, like labels, lamination boxes...etc. I hope to have this all done tonight and printed for a build starting tomorrow.

Do you guys wish this was over too?
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

One thing that I take into consideration, Phil, is that you are a very talented person with a fantastic and fun imagination!

Do I wish it were over?
    Well, I know it will be worth the wait!8)

Patiently waiting, take all the time you need.:wink:

18. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Looking forward to seeing the end result. Can we start calling you Casey Jones ;)
  19. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

:shock: Horrors!! I certainly hope not! Casey rode the train to his death. Certainly don't want that to happen to our TWE. No no no no no no no.

20. thewoodengraver

Thanx HBB!
    Thanx Mark!
    Thanx Elliot!

I will prefer " The Little Engine That Could"!...I think I can...I think I can...

However, Casey's Engine would certainly be an interesting model...