Loco's Loco (Porter Progress)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Kaz

Kaz Member

I seem to remember, reading the foreward to one of Emile Zola's books, that the reader had to be aware that the 'reversing' lever (leever, not lever) :) actually made the train go forwards
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

So, you guys want the wheels to roll, the stack to puff smoke, the reciprocal linkage, and a complete gearbox, am I correct?

I better do another poll! lol
  3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Were you planning on giving us anything less ????? lol
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

You know you can do it :D
  5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Could you squeeze in sand in the sandbox, fire in the firebox and maybe a tiny oilcan we could use to lubricate the running gear? :twisted:

Seriously, this is a great thread and great work. No matter where you draw the line (you are gonna draw the line right?) we are waiting patiently. :-D

6. thewoodengraver

Yes, I will draw the line...for me.
    I don't know where the sand goes but, there may be fire in the firebox, there may be an oilcan,wrench,toolbox,and Engineer.

I am only limited now, by patience. I wanted this done by now, but, I accept that it isn't, and am taking my time to keep it fun. Progress is steadily being made, and even if you do not build Locomotives, you might be tempted to build this one.
  7. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I think we are pretty flexible Phil...we will quite happily settle for more...<grin>
  8. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Take your time sir, take your time. I only hope that the fun for you matches the anticipation for us. And yes I am hoping to be able to build your latest work when you release it. All your effort and hard work are greatly appreciated. You set a great example by what you do in spite of various challenges in your life.

Shhhh... I think I hear singing (softly in the distance)"I hear the train a comin', it's comin' round the bend..."

9. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Thanks, I saw it on the web and after I dried my eyes, I decided to make it my sig for now :grin:

10. thewoodengraver

A thank yooooooooooou, a thank you very muchhhhhh! (take a bow).

(just being silly) Ummmm, had another day off...SPRING CLEANING!!!
    and re-arranging..I need a BEER! lol

I will have Pepsi though.

Got more re-arranging to do tomorrow.
    Gonna need a bigger cup of coffee! lol
  11. thewoodengraver

Cleaning and rearranging all done. I've got a brand new office with no distractions (YAAAAAAAYYY!!!)...and a DOOR! (YIPPEE!!!). With a lock, and barbed wire, a sentry, a guard dog, land mines, and collapsing entry!

Okay, maybe that's the Comic Book version...lol

Looks like I will have ALL WEEKEND to work on the Porter...I would like to add...hangover free too!:) ( I'm ashamed to admit I'm Irish!)
    Ya know, I think god created alcohol to keep the Irish from conquering the world! lol
    Anyway, work resumes tomorrow faithful fans.
  12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Aaaaw, it's good to have your own private area to let the creative juices flow!

I'm happy for you, Phil!

It just doesn't get any better than that![​IMG]

13. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

All made out of paper I trust ;)
  14. thewoodengraver

Keep an eye on my website for this and future toys.
    I will release what I want to.
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I looked "down there"...., a couple of times![​IMG]

16. thewoodengraver

I am much too sensitive and impatient to be in the Mosh-Pit any more.

I made the mistake of starting this thread thinking it would help to motivate me, it did the opposite. Now I am struggling to do even the simplest processes.

I have become edgy, bitter, and morbid.

I don't know my solution to this insanity yet. I am going to try to confine my posts to this thread until I figure it all out.

If you saw anything disturbing on my webpage yesterday, it was not meant for you, and it has been removed.

This model will finish, even if it is the last thing I do. But I am thinking that maybe I should make a few toys again for a little instant gratification.

We shall see...to be continued...
  17. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

How about a nice glass of red wine and a good DVD ?
  18. thewoodengraver

Progress! Got more parts painted, and printed.

Funny thing Mark, I quit drinking 20 months ago, and switched to Pepsi.
    Been drinking Pepsi alcholically too! Found myself dehydrated, weak and dizzy.

All my favorite emotion stuffers have pretty much gone, and I'm left to deal with myself. I must tell you it feels pretty good.

But, I will take your suggestion of relaxation, and take my sweet time with this. I don't need to design 40+ hours a week any more. I have narrowed it to about 20.

I'm going to build what I have so far, for motivation purposes...
  19. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I'm looking forward to seeing it..... but I have endless patience.....
  20. thewoodengraver

More progress (Yaaaaaayy!)
    I drew the lamp...one of the hardest parts to design so far. Not sure what is next.

I did have two pages printed, ready to build, but I forgot a crucial part, so I don't want to build what I have so far. Besides, I feel better saving everything for my finale. I think you will be amazed...even if you didn't know my history.

Might go back to giving you all a Dollar to build it...I feel I owe you guys.