Loco's Loco (Porter Progress)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, Feb 26, 2007.

1. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hello Phil,

Really sorry you're not feeling well, Stress is an awful thing, just take care of yourself.

2. smyfe

smyfe Member

:sad: Hi Phil, Please take very good care of yourself, you were one of the very first people to respond to my first post and have inspired me (and many others) ever since. I am on here every day and always look out for your posts,even finished reading your heart attack model post before dealing with an angina attack I was having!! Look after yourself and hope to hear from you soon.:sad:
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Smyfe, I ask that my heart attack "toy" is the only kind of heart attack you will ever see again!

Thanks Tom, and everybody else too!!!

I found my groove again...

We continue...on to the drawing board.

Is this thread driving you guys crazy? It is not my intention...it is driving me crazy too...short trip though.
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

TWE is back, I can hear a big cheer from all around the world. It's good you are ok.
  5. smyfe

smyfe Member

Welcome back

Hi Phil, it's great to have you back, I hope your improvement lasts and lasts.
    I had 3 heart attacks last year but some good came from the last one, while I was off work recovering, I found this site and a whole new hobby:) :) .I have learnt a great deal about the hobby from all the great people on this site, and lots of great models to make (going to make 3 of your heart attack toys for 3 heart attacks):twisted: Keep up the great work my friend, I'm watching and learning all the time. I hope your health keeps improving and i get to see more of your work, soon:twisted: :roll: :-D
  6. papertrain

papertrain Member

:roll: looking very much forward to seeing this finished,,,,,,,,,:grin: glad to have you back feeling better:)
  7. thewoodengraver

Progress at last!!!:grin::grin::grin:
    I know, it's not alot, but it is progress!!!
    Here is the backhead. Still a few details to draw.
    All the parts are seperate, I just showed it this way to simplify my life.
    On to some more parts...
  8. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

You're going to do all that detail :-o Wow, this is going to be worth waiting for :)
  9. thewoodengraver

Thank you Mark!:grin:

I finished the rear bumper and most of the front bumper, still have the hitch and brackets to do.

Let's see, here's a lineup of what I have left to do;
    3 domes, smokestack, lamp, bell, steam whistle, hydrolics, linkage, a few brackets and some minor detail.

Is that all? Shoot...I can do it!

I'm done for the night. Pick it back up tomorrow.
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

You da man, Phil!

Glad to see you are back to shooting par, my friend!:grin:

Design away!

11. thewoodengraver

Thank you HBB! I'm about done playing online for this morn...the work bell is-a-ringing, the coffee has been guzzled...off to the drawing board!
  12. thewoodengraver

Well, I finished the front and rear bumpers, including the hitch inserts. The hitches will take extra brains, so I am leaving it for last.

Next, I will draw the bumper brackets, then I think I will tackle either the smokestack or the lamp.

Working on it steadily...
  13. thewoodengraver

Ahhhh...quitting time! Cold beers on the house!!!

I had a few parts for the front bumper that I forgot, the step and strap.

If I incorrectly identify a part name, and you know the correct name, feel free to inform me.

I drew the front and rear bumper brackets, the left side tank shelf and brackets, the steam pipe, the number plate bracket and a couple whatchamacallits. Every time I look, parts I forgot show up.
    But, since I am using the " Baby-steps" design method, it is a piece of cake.

I will resume again tomorrow.
  14. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Ah, would that be the American names or the British names for parts. :roll:
    The British engine designers were so creative when it came to making up names. Who else would call something a snifting valve, call a bogie a pony truck if it only had two wheels, and have things like reach rods, return cranks, lifting links, expansion links, die blocks, etc. etc. I'm sure they just made up these names so nobody else would have a clue what they were talking about. Were the American engineers as imaginative. :)

Dont forget to quarter the wheels the right way. British locos always have the right wheel leading. I believe that the American style is to have the left wheel leading ?
  15. thewoodengraver

Yes, I believe you are correct...I will try to make sure about this.
    AND, I was saving this secret...

The wheels are intended to roll also showing reciprocal movement of the linkage. I am not positive I will design it this way, but it would be an easy modification...
  16. thewoodengraver

nobody excited about my rolling wheel- reciprocate-thingy?

Guess I will have to try HARDER...want this choo-choo to puff smoke too? LOL

Off to work...however...got some Coffee and a Donut to build first.
    (yes, an actual cardmodel of a Donut and a cup of Coffee)

Don't need to reply...I can yammer on for HOURS, all by myself.
  17. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

...waiting patiently..... ;)
  18. thewoodengraver

Thanx Mark, do not mind my ramble...I am just having fun!
  19. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Hmmm, You might be able to accomplish this with a simple bellows and some talcum powder :twisted:

I am excited, my face just don't let on :-D

20. thewoodengraver

@57townsman, Thanx!!!
    BTW, I LOVE your signature!!!