Loco's Loco (Porter Progress)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, Feb 26, 2007.

1. barry

barry Active Member

I can't see any pics either and also on several other pages the only clue I have got is from the Java script console

fetch object("pagenav_form") has no properties line 1521

Does this have any bearing on the fact I can't see Phil's pics
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Thanx for your inquiries.
    I pulled the pics because they were HORRIBLE!!!:cry:
    I also need a little breathing room so I kind of abandoned this thread.
    I am steadily working on this Beauty. Just sit back, drink 'em or smok 'em if you got 'em, and you will be pleased!:grin:
  3. thewoodengraver

You can view pics of my prototype HERE
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

The Prodigiously Progressive Porter! Ahhhh, looking good, Phil!

I think this one belongs on the fireplace mantle! That's virgin territory as far as paper models go.
    This one will look perfect up there!

5. thewoodengraver

Thanx Buddeee!

I have finished designing and painting (hmf!) the interior of the cab as well as painting the rest of what I have so far. I wanted to draw the whole thing before painting, but this is frustrating me, and I need to show myself finished parts. Instant gratification at its best.

I am currently drawing the backhead and details. After a couple simple parts are done, bumpers, brackets, I will move on to the smokestack.
  6. thewoodengraver

Well...I had to backtrack a little and fix a couple things...but check this out...
    the underside of the roof is painted to match my custom interior.

Any drooling yet?

On to the backhead...( CHOO CHOOOOOOOO!!!)
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I don't see nuttin!
    Did you pull the pic already?
    Hopefully I will catch the next update.
    Looking forward to it too.
    I've been drooling since you first mentioned this project, Phil!

8. Texman

Texman Guest

Uhhmmm, Russell, fireplace mantle, fire, sparks, cardmodel? Disaster in work?

Just connective thoughts....

9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's what fireplace screens are for Texman!:grin:
    Course, you probably don't have to worry much about keeping warm in Texas, do ya?
    Most of the heat and almost all the sparks go up the chimney so the mantle is perfectly safe, not to mention, it will be the center of attention too!:twisted:
    Besides, I think the fireplace won't get used again for another 9 months, anyway. Spring has sprung here!

10. thewoodengraver

I painted the picture with words...use your imagination!
    Besides, this is turning out WAY TOO GOOD to spoil it with a preview...

11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I hear ya, big guy!
    Now that you put it that way, I can see it just fine! 8)

Nice work too! Looking good! Now, it's time to change the bib!:twisted:

12. thewoodengraver

Now that the bib has been changed...I will show you a tiny sneak preview of my custom interior.
    Remember now, this is a FANTASY Porter Locomotive owned and operated by the TWE Silver mine and Lumber Co. The company was founded by my great GrandDaddy, Beuford T...(?)...Beuford T Woodengraver! Yeah! That's it! (I wasn't alive in 1886, so how am I supposed to remember?).

Beuford liked to SEE the beauty of the wood in everything he made. He only painted the outside to protect it from the elements.

The openings for the wheels is still beta.
  13. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Porter loco

Been watching your little loco take shape, Thank You for all you are doing.

I have loved locos since I was a kid specially American ones like the Woodburner 4-4-0 type. Love the Porter and Baldwin Narrow Guage locos too.

Can't wait to see the finished model.

Scotland UK
  14. thewoodengraver

Thank you Tom!

I appreciate your kind words!
    I am an amateur...trying to learn and have FUN!:grin:
    I know I pump this one up as though it is the best...(it is to me)
    it is not technically accurate, but it is to scale, and I think it will be fun to build.

I noticed I forgot to add the rivets that connect the floor!:cry:
    Good thing I caught this before it rolled off the production line and the cab fell on the Champagne fountain!
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

With a name like Beuford, he can do his loco any way he wants to!:grin:
    He wouldn't be related to that "Walking Tall" guy would he?

Texture looks great Phil!
    You can be modest all you want to, Phil, but we know it's going to be special, cause it's the brainchild of the WoodEngraver!:twisted:

16. thewoodengraver

Shamelessly STOLEN from BTTF3 from Beuford "Mad Dog" Tannen, with a little Beuford T Justice thrown in.
    Thanx for your encouragement Russell!
  17. thewoodengraver

Alas! two complete (nearly) pages of parts!
    I'm returning to the Porter tomorrow,
    "drivin' that train, high on...PEPSI !!!"
  18. thewoodengraver

I have a serious mental-block. I cannot seem to accomplish anything at all.
    I'm completely stressed out, I wish I had never told anyone I was even doing this.

I'm going to chill and try to take care of myself. I cannot give you any indication of if or when I will finish this and I absolutely will not " pass this on to someone else to finish" as suggested before, so please do not ask.

There are WAY too many things I need to think about and consider, regarding whether I even want to stay online at all.
    I do not like alot of things I see, and I do not like many things I don't see.

Love you all.
  19. Clashster

Clashster Member

Phil - take care of yourself - that is the most important thing. I hope to see you online, as your enthusiasim is infectious, but you must do what is best for you. Take care, know that you have those here who love you too!

20. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Hi Phil,

Don't forget that this is a hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be a stress reliever. You do some great stuff - just look at the tiny toys (even if they aren't always tiny enough ;)) They are great.

Take care