Loconet

CN1

Loconet "Plug N' play Signal"

-edited for clarity-

As anyone any experience with Digitrax- Loconet- Plug N' Play Signal System?

just curious

Gary Pfeil

I may be missing the point of your question. Loconet is just the name Digitrax uses for the network connecting all the utility panels, IR or radio receivers, stationary decoders and such. So anyone with Digitrax is using Loconet. If you're looking for someone who has connected their pc to loconet, I can't help you but I just saw a thread by too poor which has a photo of his laptop with a track schematic and decoder pro displayed on the screen.

CN1

Kinda difficult to be specific when I'm at work!

The Digitrax system of "Plug N' Play Signals" interface hooked up tru Loconet (throttle or computer), do you have it? Have you experienced it? How goes it? Happy with it? Too costly?

That kind of stuff

Gary Pfeil

That I can't help you with. What little I think I know is 6 months old. I believe it requires a pc to work. The plan was for a version which doesn't require the pc but it wasn't out 6 months ago. Also quite expensive! Have to add resistance wheelsets to all your cars. It would be awesome and I'd love to see it on my layout, all I need is cash and someone to come over and let me help them set it up. Note I didn't say someone to help me!

CN1

Gary, it's not that difficult but time consuming. I'm almost done installing all my Signals. The next thing I need to do, is to get a block detection system that will work for me. That's going to be $$$$$$. In the meantime the Signal is manual , i:e the "Dispatcher" controls the signal with toggle switches.