Locomotives on History Channel Tonight

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RobertInOntario, Apr 7, 2008.

1. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Apparently, the History Channel will have a show on locomotives tonight at 8:00 (I think it's EDT). They'll have everything from American steam locos (I heard that they will feature the Strasburg RR in PA!) to ultra-fast modern French trains.

Sounds really good!

Here's the description:

2. viperman

viperman Active Member

I'm totally recording that, and the show that comes on after it
  3. RobertInOntario

Someone just gave us an old VCR so I'm going to try to buy some VHS tapes tonight -- if you can still get them ! :eek:

Yes, the show right after looks interesting too.

4. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That's great rob. Thanks for sharing that with us.
  5. hickstmj

hickstmj Marcie

Thank Rob. I just went online & told my Tivo to record it for me.
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Oh Too Cool!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the Head's Up!!!!
  7. RobertInOntario

One day, I'll get a Tivo! I just finished setting up an old VCR so it's ready to tape in 20 minutes or so! Cheers, Rob
  8. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

The show after has been on before. It really was a good show.
  9. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Just finished watching. I liked it. Nice info on the EMD shop.
    Something in the show for just about everyone...
  10. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Dang! New TV guides from the newspapers give no details.
    Is it on again?
  11. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

After seeing all the wonders on rails.....I still think nuttin' beats coal, fire, and water....:rolleyes:
  12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

I thought it was very disappointing - virtually the entire focus of the show was on diesels, ignoring the developing history of the nation's railroads in the process.
  13. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I thought it was good :) :) The part on the Strasburg was good.. I was in that engine once... Rode behind it a lot!!!

Never rode in the engine though :(

Nice watching it run!!
  14. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I had the good fortune of riding in the cab (along with several others...) of a 2-8-2 in San Luis Potosi (Mexico) that was touring the country in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Mexico City-Laredo RR line.It was being taken from the display tracks to the shops....What a ride...!!
  15. RobertInOntario

Arggh ! :eek: It wasn't on our Canadian History Channel, at least not at 8:00 p.m. I must have found some US listings and our Cdn History Channel must have a different schedule. Maybe I'll search their site or even ask them. Or maybe I could buy it on DVD? Rob
  16. jambo101

jambo101 Member

Wasnt on the history channel in Montreal,we got an airplane dog fighting show.
  17. RobertInOntario

Yes, that's what we had as well -- although I enjoy watching WW2 fighter planes and dogfights as well! :mrgreen:

I really would like to see this Train show though. I'll probably search the History Channel website to see if or when it might be on in Canada.