Locomotive Service Building

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Eddie Landreth, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Here's some pics of a locomotive service building that I recently completed, using the Walthers Backshop kit. I built it as a flat instead of as a regular "box" building, leaving the back open. I plan to place it along the edge of the peninsula on my layout in the industrial area, so that I can detail out the interior as well. I think I still need to add some roof details as well.

Pic #1 - Front elevation.

Pic #2 - Side view, showing the entrance door.

Pic #3 - Night view of the front elevation. I have 4 overhead lights installed, and the 1 amber light you see on the right side is in the cab of the overhead crane (again, Walthers kit made specifically for this building). You can see the outline of the crane through the windows.

Pic #4 - Side elevation at night, looking through the door. You can see the overhead lights, as well as the amber light of the overhead crane.

Pic #5 - Rear view, showing the overhead crane.
  2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Fantastic Eddie!!!! That's a great kitbash, and the interior possibilities are going to be fantastic as well. I can't wait to see it!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's Neat!!! Nice Work!!! :D
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Nice! I like th illuminated look too!
  5. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Excellent work!
    I'm planning on doing a "building on the edge" for my own layout.
    Excellent work again!
  6. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great looking building, Eddie! :thumb: :D
  7. CalFlash

CalFlash Member

Outstanding job, Eddie. You've really captured the flavor of that type building and added some character to the good but otherwise non-descript Walthers building.
  8. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Thanks for the idea, too. That will work on my layout (in progress).
    Mine will end up being a block for one of the holes to staging/storage.
  9. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Job Eddie :thumb: :thumb: