Loco/Rollin' Stock Storage

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by jon-monon, Mar 20, 2004.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I thunk you folks might like to se how I'm storin' my goodies. I work they scrapped some black foam rubber with nice black velvet on one side and cutouts for locos, very little modification to make it work. Only half the cutouts are removed so I can add more later.

Attached Files:

• 345.jpg
      File size:
      30.1 KB
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Attached Files:

• 344.jpg
      File size:
      32.3 KB
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

If I have the original box, I just use that. Plastic bins are those inteded for under bed storage. They are not kept under my bed, but that type o fbin is the perfect depth.

Attached Files:

• 346.jpg
      File size:
      42.8 KB
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

be very careful with any sort of rubber packing. I have seen the foam that comes with brass models eat into the paint job when the plastic sheet that comes with it was not used. I heard that the anti-skid stuff for under rugs etc. will chew into your plastic models. Put some plastic sheet around your models.
  5. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

That is a neat idea Jon!

6. minibusse

minibusse New Member

:eek: Hvorfor ligger der en My-er midt i det hele :)?

Saw yer post on www.jernbanen .dk. Did ye hear back on yer request for pics?

1/1 Danskmand
  7. mykroft

mykroft Member

Just store mine in the yard, like the prototype.
  8. jkristia

jkristia Member

Sorry for taking this off topic, but I just wanted to say welcome to 'minibusse', nice to have another Dane on (the) board, hopefully you will visit this place frequently, and maybe even recommend it to other Danes so we can have some layout and 1:1 scale pictures of Danish trains.

Now back to the topic, I simply store the few locomotives I have in a drawer, I haven't collected that much yet, so it still fits in a small drawer. Hopefully that will change one day :)

another 1/1 danskmand, living in CA
  9. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Don't take this wrong Jon, but you aren't suppose to store them. :D Fred