Loco Lashups

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
May 14, 2002
This morning at Toronto Union Station, the Canadian was headed by 6439, 6440 and 6441 in order.
Saw a similar lash-up a while ago, but not in numeric order.

Also, VIA coach 4000 (1st class) was deadheading between the locos and the baggage car. Are they using them out west for something?

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Dave, have not heard anything about using out here for anything special. Via came through here yesterday about 6:30 am and stopped to drop some people off. I went and asked them about the car and its location within the train. They thought that it may be being transported somewhere for repairs and and did not want he public inside so placed it there where transporting. The could not think of any idea to brigh that car out for a special event. The only two events that are comming up out west here is the G 8 summit in a remote area, no rr tracks near by, of Alberta near the end of June, and the Canadian ministers conference to be held here in Whistler in the begining of June. Do not think that for the Whilstler convention that they would be transporting dignitarys via train, if they were going for a ride I would think BC Rail would have lots of cars. If I hear anything more will let you know. Ron..