Lockheed XF-90

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by 46rob, Sep 15, 2006.

1. 46rob

46rob Member

I've been working for a couple months on this one--kind of off and on.....
    I finally got it to the point where I could glue a few pieces together and see what it looks like. Build is kind of sloppy--I wasn't going for finesss.

The tip tanks were done by Jim Gausman, who designed the DHC-2 Beaver for FG. ...I just tabbed them together--they'd be much cleaner looking with separate joiners.

Overall the model is about 14 inches long, with a 10 1/2 inch span, in 1/48 scale.

I still have to draw up a lot of stuff--an ejection seat, wheel wells and gear--misc fairings, etc. I'll keep ya'll posted on progress in the weeks to come.

Attached Files:

2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Looks pretty good, Rob, but then anything from Lockheed has to be good looking (well ok perhaps not the Herc, and definitely not the F-117). How long did the Blackhawk Sqn fly the F-90? Must have been just about a decade or so.
  3. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Can't wait!
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Excellent Rob...as usual 8v)

5. july1772

july1772 Member

Looks like another winner, Rob. I read on a different thread that you're not designing for Fiddlers Green anymore. Where will this and future models be available?
  6. 46rob

46rob Member

I'm hoping to persuade DeWayne Barnett to carry my models. They're going to be un-fg'ed--that is, more realistic landing gear will be offered, as well as some internal structure, to help define the model, along with some optional items to add realism, like weapons and other underwing stores, support equipment and other bits to make a lifelike display of the model. Not all will be included with each model--they may even be offered as a set of steps: buy the basic model for a few bucks, add detail sheets for a couple more. Everything's going to be 1/48 scale (unless the model is just too large--the 1/72 DC9, for example is limited by the size of it's fuselage sections and wings to standard sized paper). Everything is still in the future--I may also go the route I did with the T-33 and P-80 and sell them myself, via Paypal.

This little diorama would give an example. John Bowden designed the "flight deck" stand, added my tug and towbar to the A-7.

Attached Files: