Lockheed Constellation wanted

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by steitler212, Nov 24, 2008.

1. steitler212

steitler212 WW2 Airplane Guru

hello i was wondering if anyone has a FREE model of the Lockheed Constellation or can tell me where i can buy one at

2. If you find one let me know. The only ones I have ever found are commercial and quite pricey. I may break down one day and actually buy one but not yet. I keep hoping one of our generous designers will design one. But they often avoid models that are commercially available. Then again it may not interst them.

Lex is someone who comes to mind for this one. He likes Commercial aircraft. This one was desinged initially as a passenger plane. It is a favorite of mine.
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Go to Nobi's site and vote for the EC-121.......... this is the US Navy's AEW of the Constellation
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

5. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Almost forgot, I built the Paper Trade Connie a couple of years ago, it went together very well.
  6. Uh----I think the key word he used was "Free"
  7. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Free was his prefered option, but where to buy one was also asked. Monduni is a great firm to deal with if you live in Germany, but the shipping charges for overseas are a wee bit out of line imo.
  8. steitler212

:mrgreen::mrgreen: other free airliners are wanted also
    places to buy them also wanted

Douglas DC-4, DC-6, DC-7
    Lockheed Electra (4 engined verson)
    Boeing 707, 727, 737, 747
    Airbus A-300, A-320, A-380
    Hawker Trident

9. Soldermelons

Soldermelons New Member

10. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

Douglas DC-4 and DC-6 can be had from Bobs card models for free
  11. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

A week or two ago there was a "super" nice 737 avallable.... wait for it..... FREEEEEEE!!!!!
  12. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

One of the members here did a very nice (free) 707, I have it on my hard drive but I can't find his name on it. Not on your list but Lex's DH Comet is not to be sneered at.
  13. mvink

mvink Member

John Leslie at the Lower Hudson Valley paper model giftshop (http://jleslie48.com/index.html) has both a 707 and L-1011 available as free downloads.

14. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The grey cells just kicked in...Airbob did the 707 and his website is here:
  15. steitler212

is Lex's DH Comet free or does it have to be bought

more models wanted

Ford Trimotor
    Boeing 247
    DeHavilland DH-89 Dragon
    Tupolev Tu-104
    Convair 240/440/580/640
    BAC VC10
    Sud Caravelle
    and many more
  16. scon10

scon10 Member

You can download it from Lex' site. It is a beautiful model, although requires some experience. I upscaled it to 1:50 and recoloured it in BOAC colours and Lex designed the wing leading edge tanks for it, see the Cardmodelers Forum.
    Just a few pics to show how it looks like. It was build in a combination of white photo printer paper and Red River silver paper (although that is slightly too thin for this size).

Attached Files:

17. Hey Scon, that is a great job. I was thinking of printing it on Redriver paper myself. Now that I know it looks that fantastic I think I will.. Nice job. I see your logo is the Connie. Have you built that one too?
  18. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Scon, once again I have to say that is a lovely bit of work.
  19. scon10

scon10 Member

Yes, the Super Constellation was build from silver, white, red and blue cardboard on a balsa framework, scratchbuilt. If you do a search for Scon10, you can find some threads with pictures of the few models I made in this way. Don't forget to see the thread "Fun with foto's".
    Have fun!
  20. steitler212

where did you get your Super Constellation at

and can you post some pics of it