Lockheed C-5 Galaxy 1/200

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by chaiwat kosatanakom, Jan 22, 2013.

1. chaiwat kosatanakom

chaiwat kosatanakom New Member

Dear all,

I sent a PDF file of my Lockheed C- 5 Galaxy to Zathros for your entertainment. Have fun to free download of this giant bird.

Happy new year 2013. sign1
  2. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Thanks for the model Chaiwat, A long time ago, the 82d Airborne made a parachutedrop from this monster. They used the upper and lower doors for the exit and the opening shock was terrible, they were jumping static lines. If I remember right, they started to drop at 1500 feet and kept going down in elevation to about 1200 feet. The planes had to fly almost a stall for the troopers to exit the aircraft. In other words, it was gliding and dropping fast. I cannot recall any major injuries to the troopers other than a few bruises. Myself, I did not have the pleasure of that experience. I believe that they did it again but only used the lower two doors. I do not recall if they used the ramp, other than for HALO jumps.
  3. inky

inky Member

4. skyman00

skyman00 Member

Thanks Jack!
  5. skyman00

skyman00 Member

Oh yeah, and thanks for Boat's F4 Phantom II!
  6. slee2099

slee2099 Member

I assume it's in the download section but I can't find it, when I try to search for it I keep getting an error. I'll just say thanks and keep looking