Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by josve, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. josve

    josve Active Member

    Hello guys!

    The lockers I have now have the coned part on the outside.
    I'm searhing for lockers with the coned part on the inside as the pic below.Anyone knows where to get lockers like that??

    Attached Files:

  2. Amazyah

    Amazyah Senior Member

    I wish I could help you Johnny but I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Maybe we use a different word here for "lockers"
    I cannot tell by the diagram either.
    Can you show a picture of the one you have?

  3. josve

    josve Active Member

    I'm not sure what the exact name is :) But it's tools for punching holes....
    In german it's called rundlocheisen....
    Here is a pic that shows how they look.This is the wrong type!!
    As you can see theese have the cone on the outside.

    Attached Files:

  4. charliec

    charliec Active Member

    I think what you are referring to are "hollow punches". I would refer to the type
    you've got as "external taper" and the type you want as "internal taper" - I
    don't know what that is in American.


  5. shrike

    shrike Guest

    Same in Murrikin as it is in Strine

    In the past I've made some by taking tubing of the correct diameter and filing them sharp with a tiny round file.
  6. pbhawkin

    pbhawkin Member

    I could have sent you what I use but on examination they are 'eternal taper' too!
    I use medical disposable punches for taking skin biopsies, They come in sizes 2 to 8mm diameter.

Share This Page