local freight

Oct 11, 2004
New York. Oneida
i just happen to be out side for lucnh when i herd her call for the crossing i ran out and cought these pics (must get better cam tho)

Attachments

• DIGI0041.JPG
    DIGI0041.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 116
  • DIGI0043.JPG
    DIGI0043.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 121
  • DIGI0044.JPG
    DIGI0044.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 116
  • DIGI0045.JPG
    DIGI0045.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 117
  • DIGI0046.JPG
    DIGI0046.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 112

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
It looks like your camera has some problems with (auto?)focusing. As it seems, the train REALLY IS in the focusing range, since in the first pic there is a zone - about halfway between camera and loco - where track and ballast are in sharp focus. So it should be technically possible to get a sharp picture of the train which is farther away!

Some cameras really a very finicky with the macro setting. :curse: Perhaps you find some explanation in your manual. And most important, use the smallest aperture possible.

With my camera I found the pics can be focused easier when I back off some distance with the camera (with macros setting), but then I zoom in again with the objective. On the other hand, the more you zoom in, the shorter gets the depth of field - and then perhaps only the snout of the loco in sharp and the rest is even blurred more. Model photography is always a balance act with compromises! :(

However, the layout scene and posing of the models is very good. The tree in the left foreground gives a fine, natural frame for the passing train! :thumb:

Oh well, another explanation: You still could explain that with your lunch picknick you also got some cups of moonshine and so your view was just a little bit blurred! :D:D:D

Ron

Oct 11, 2004
New York. Oneida
thanks for the tips ron as in the part 2 ive used it about 4x it was one of those wally word speacials 30$ but ill toy around with it as i hear theres a coal drag comming by.sign1