Loads

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Does anyone know where I can get various truck/train loads/building details for my HO Scale layout?? What Im looking for is construction loads (bricks, pallets, cones, lumber, pipes, etc.) Can anyone help me??

Oct 11, 2004
New York. Oneida
dont forget you can also make your own things coffie stirs for pipes balsa wood for lumber things like that. on the other hand i found a guy on ebay a while back that made his own. other then that check out tips and tricks on this site.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
You can buy ready-made loads, or as noted above, make your own.

These lumber loads are made from scale stripwood (basswood), and are removeable. To save material, the piles are hollow.

100_5402.jpg

100_5403.jpg

This pole load is made from dowels from the lumber yard, tapered a bit with a rasp or some coarse sandpaper, and coloured with woodstain from the hardware store.

100_5407.jpg

You can also build industrial-looking loads from styrene: these crane parts make up a load for a complete train.

100_5395.jpg

100_5396.jpg

You can also use Bic pens (the round, white ones with the coloured caps work best). The outer barrels make a good load of heavy pipe for a gondola or flatcar, and the ink refills, with the writing ends cut off, make good small-diameter pipe loads. Paint to suit, and add some stakes and stickers as required. Sorry, no pic of these available.

Wayne

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Athearn started selling flatcars, and gons with loads. Life-like makes packs of loads you could use, and Central Valley has some cast loads made for different manufactures of gons and flatcars.
You could also make your own like railroader and Dr. Wayne said.
These are actually 8-32 screws with thethat I got from work, when one of my threading machines, was taking off the heads, and getting ready to breakdown.

Attachments

• flatload.jpg
    flatload.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 306

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Don't know if you have a Family Dollar or Dollar General nearby but they carry these for $2 a pop and make great loads.

Attachments

• vacation6.JPG
    vacation6.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 283

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Those are cool and I will have to go to my dollar store.

I was goin to put the Norscot one's on the flats but why wast $20.00 on each when I could use them around the construction sites. I see one's on E-bay with norscot loaders and they sell for $30.00 to $40.00 each.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Sorry...My mistake(Don't know what I was thinking...I know....NO RACE TODAY!!!)
It wasn't Central Valley...Its Chooch Enterprise that makes the loads.
Won't happen again...in the next two minuates............