Loads in, Empties out?

Steam Donkey

Has anybody ever thought about a "loads in, empties out" approach to log loading and sawmill unloading operations? :confused:

Do I need to back loaded log cars up to the spar tree in the woods, or move empty buggies away from the spar after I've delivered them earlier?

Same question in reverse for the sawmill. I can see loads-in, empties-out working for a sawmill (albeit not very realistic), but the loading part has me stymied.

How do you folks handle this part of the operation?

Stan

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Stan,

Do I need to back loaded log cars up to the spar tree in the woods, or move empty buggies away from the spar after I've delivered them earlier

Back up empty log cars then add the logs to them. Then drive them down to the sawmill.

Same question in reverse for the sawmill. I can see loads-in, empties-out working for a sawmill (albeit not very realistic), but the loading part has me stymied

Logs are (In most cases) dropped into a log pond, from there they are taken up into the sawmill and cut.
Nothing is ever turned around in the mill, goes in one end and out the other (All cut up)
Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

Nothing is ever turned around in the mill, goes in one end and out the other (All cut up)
Shamus

Now it all makes sense! Now I understand why he's constantly buildin stuff up all sctratchy! He's got to keep usin up all that lumber comin outa the mill! :D :D :D

Steam Donkey

Thanks guys. Guess I've gotta hire a wee little plastic people labour force to cut the logs, and another to build stuff. Kinda like railroad fairies building a little town for me while I sleep. Hmmmmm.....I might be on to something! :D

Stan

Steam Donkey

Thanks, Shaymus, what a great looking log dump. Now there are some happy little loggers, what a beutiful place to work! :D

BTW, how did you make the frothing water along the edges of the logs in the pond?

Stan

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Stan,
The froth was made using white paint brushing it into the still wet Yacht varnish.
Shamus
wink.gif