Lmx

Bob Collins

Thanks gentlemen.

I had a chance to purchase an HO model painted in the LMX colors, but wasn't sure it reall "fit in" with my UPRR and CNW loco power.

Bob

DanRaitz

Bob,

What time frame are you modeling? The reason I ask is that until recently all of the LMX units (100, GE, B39-8E's) had been leased to the BN. Their lease just expired in the last couple of years so if you are running present day you will have no problem having them on the UP/CNW. Thats not to say that some didn't wander.

Pooh Bah
Is LMX the same as LMS?
We used to see a lot of their locos on the CNR in southern Ontario. They were usually blue (Approx. Conrail blue).

Russ Bellinis

Originally posted by DanRaitz
Bob,

What time frame are you modeling? The reason I ask is that until recently all of the LMX units (100, GE, B39-8E's) had been leased to the BN. Their lease just expired in the last couple of years so if you are running present day you will have no problem having them on the UP/CNW. Thats not to say that some didn't wander.

Now that you mention it, I think I've seen LMX units on some of the U.P. trains going in and out of the Industry yard.