Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by DanRaitz, Nov 30, 2002.

1. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

Found something interesting. MTH makes a set of 120 unpainted O scale figures under their "RailKing" line.
    In comparing them to other O scale figures I found that they are way to small (try 4' 8"). I then measured them with my S scale ruler, height: 6' 4".

In the attached photo there are 3 figures, a preiser O scale, a MTH "O scale" figure and a S scale figure.

Looks like my Sn3 layout just had a population explosion. :D

Dan Raitz
    Escondido, CA

Attached Files:

2. BDC

BDC Member

6' 4", eh? Sounds like you're model a basketball team. Do any of them come in athletic jerseys? :p ;)
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Short O Scale Folks?

At 4' 8", these guys should do well as background figures, almost a "forced perspective" effect... I'll remember these. Thanks!:) :)
  4. tomfassett

tomfassett Member

Cool, and they even come with "deceased" members (the ghost dude in the middle)...
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself...:D

Tom F
  5. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

He won't be a ghost very long as I'm right in middle of painting some of them up. They are currently in primer "flesh" at this moment.

p.s. I am using PolyScale Sand for my flesh/primer with a wash of PolyScale Rust for tone's.

6. PennRailRoads

PennRailRoads Member

Tom, you took the words right out of my mouth! :D
  7. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

Here he is all dressed up. Not bad if I do say so:)

Attached Files:

8. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Dan, Not bad is quite an understatement! Fantastic paint job! I like all the shading.

9. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

nice looking "little dude"
  10. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

MTH Little Dudes...

Say, Dan...could you let me know what the part number for that set is?

By the way, that is an OUTSTANDING painting and weathering job on that (albeit) short fellow.
  11. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

The MTH part number is 30-11043, it retails for $29.95.
    The assortment consisits 12 different figures with 10 of each. There are 4 standing and 8 sitting. The standing figures are of 2 men, 1 woman and 1 boy, while the sitting ones are of 3 women, 3 men, 1 boy and 1 girl.
    MTH states on the packaging that these figures are designed to fit into passenger cars. That might explain way they are undersize for O scale.