Little teaser (sorta)

ls1gto

Sep 24, 2005
Alright, I finally got started on the framing and heres just a few quick shots. I am no carpenter so please dont laugh (or you can but just dont tell me:D ).
This will be an around the room with center island (I guess). Originally I was going to run HO but I just think N is going to work better. I also had lots of help from several folks on the-guage in trying to decide whether to do an around the room or a turnaround to turnaround. Thanks to everyone for the help. Room is 17' long and 11' wide. So, whatcha think?

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 104
C

Catt

Aside from that rather narrow aisle on the left it looks to me like your off to a great start.

ls1gto

Sep 24, 2005
Catt said:
Aside from that rather narrow aisle on the left it looks to me like your off to a great start.
The aisle on the left is actually 27" wide which is enough room for my 250lb. butt to walk between with room to spare. Now the right side is going to be a little tighter but understand that there will never be more than a few people "viewing" this layout. Not a public affair by any stretch so I left just enough room to get the job done.

pontiacsforever

Mar 16, 2005
Victoria, BC
Fan for scale wind?

I like the idea of the ceiling fan to generate scale-size wind. :D The question of course is what speed do you use for N-scale? ;)

But seriously your benchwork looks really good and can't wait to see further progress on it. :thumb:

ls1gto

Sep 24, 2005
pontiacsforever said:
I like the idea of the ceiling fan to generate scale-size wind. :D The question of course is what speed do you use for N-scale? ;)

But seriously your benchwork looks really good and can't wait to see further progress on it. :thumb:

Thanks for the compliment. As for the wind, theres enough of that in there without the fan:D . Thanks again!

ls1gto

Sep 24, 2005
ezdays said:
You're off to a good start, which is usually the case when you get the benchwork in...:D:D Any idea of how many square feet of layout you got there?

Yeah, your exactly right. This is definately the easy part, even so, I can still make an easy job hard.:mad: . I just keep telling myself that it will all be worth it when them trains start rollin. Actually, I dont know how many square feet I have but that would be an excellent stat to figure. Thank you!

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
The benchwork looks great! It's always fun to get the benchwork done so you can start laying the track! It's like a blank sheet of paper! Nice work.

ls1gto

Sep 24, 2005
SD90 said:
The benchwork looks great! It's always fun to get the benchwork done so you can start laying the track! It's like a blank sheet of paper! Nice work.

Thank you! I know I'm ready to start laying track. I gotta get some trains rollun. I have become kinda partial to my CP motor I just bought. Kinda strange coming from someone who use to work for Norfolk Southern.:D