Little project - start to finish.

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by TrainNut, Mar 12, 2006.

1. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Okay so some of you may have seen this before in the for sale section a looooong time ago. After reading a lot of posts from newer members, it occured to me that some might enjoy seeing another project go from start to finish.
    Wrought Iron table
    N scale
    36" diameter
    I'm not feeling much up on words right now so I will abstain but if anyone has Q's, I would be happy to elaborate.

Attached Files:

2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

& the ressssst of the story!

Attached Files:

3. webmaster

webmaster Member

It's a shame that glass is slightly frosted..

Boy you love your table projects...sign1
  4. johnny b

johnny b Member

That is just way to cool !
  5. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

One beautiful job but I agree with webmaster the frosted glass takes away how great a job you did.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  6. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Very nice! :thumb:
  7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Is it frosted or just the angle of the camera? Great stuff:thumb:
  8. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Good observation! No, the majority of the glass is not frosted - it's clear with the exception of a 1/2" frosted band around the outer edge...BUT, on the other hand, the glass does detract a LOT from the clarity after seeing it with no glass.
  9. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Hey! I don't remember this?? It must have been posted while I was on vacation: or in the hospital cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Anywhoo, It looks fantastic Trainnut.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  10. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I posted a different version of this in the For Sale section 9-16-2004. As a matter of fact, it was my first post on this site!
  11. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Excellent work TrainNut. :thumb:
  12. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great job!
  13. Very nice job.....:thumb:
  14. brakie

brakie Active Member

Great looking layout! :thumb: Nicely done.:D
  15. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Ok Trainnut. I was having back surgery in Sept. 2004 so that explains how I missed it.
  16. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

If you're a "trainNut"...then clearly you're a professional Train Nut because work like that is not amateur - it's waaaay too good for that.
  17. jimbob005

jimbob005 New Member

hi train nut im starting my first setup in n gauge and seeing thes when i first came on this website and gave me the idea of a table set now never done a set befor i haven`t put my track down trying to do my hills and things do you have any tips??? thanks james
  18. The Rock

The Rock New Member

Nice job! I've been thinking about a coffee table layout myself.
  19. GlacierBill

GlacierBill New Member

Jimbob005, create a seprate forum thread with your request you will be amazed at all the advice you get, I have been reading a lot of the older threads and got many ideas. BTW, may I suggest you get some layout software to help plan your layout. I use xtrkcad, it is free and works well, also Atlas has a free program, but it is limited to atlas track only.

20. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Thanks for bringing this thread back up as it's been almost a year since the last post and I obviously missed jimbob's request for tips n tricks. I looked at his profile though and it appears he has not visited The Gauge since September of 06.
    If you ever make it back to The Gauge, please let me know as I've got tons of tips n tricks for little layouts like these! Sorry I missed your question the first time around.