Little help on a DCC choice..please

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
Hello all,

Well I am finally going to buy my DCC system this week, and I have sorta narrowed it down between the MRC Prodigy Express or the MRC Prodigy Squared system, now there is about a 100.00 diffrence between the two systems.

Here is my question, my layout is a 16x9 shed and the main line runs all the way around the shed. at the most I will be running three engines and running my AC accesories off of my MRC DC power pack, so should I fork out the extra money for the advanced system or will the Express system at 1.7 amps do all I need.

Thanks for all your input,

TN Trainman

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
George:wav: , i have BOTH systems:mrgreen: , take my word for it, if the difference in price is only $100.00, GO WITH THE PA SQUARED:winki: , you'll thank yourself in the long run:thumb: . BOTH systems are GREAT(in MY eyes:winki: ) if you don't want computer interface, but you can do so much more with the PA squared:thumb: .

in the event you end up going with the Prodigy Express, getting a Prodigy Advance walk around IS A MUST, the Express walk around just don't really give you the options you will need in your not so far away future needs:winki: .

MY ADVICE: GET THE PRODIGY ADVANCE SQUARED:thumb::mrgreen: .
:deano: -Deano

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
Woohoo..I got the PA squared, should be in by next weekend.....gives me time to do more wiring, and panting and stuff.

For What It's Worth

:wave:Hi, I was in the same quandry a few months ago, and decided to go with the advanced, "squared" and am now VERY HAPPY that I did, as I have had experience since then operating the express unit of a neighbors, and for the difference in price, I believe the Advanced or Squared system is well worth the extra money spent, both now and in the future when I will be expanding my layout. I now have an 4Ft X 36 Ft, and hopefully will be expanding to approximately double the size.

planeshavings42:eek:ops: