Little Help anyone...? HO Scale

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by whatsanewbie, Oct 26, 2008.

  1. whatsanewbie

    whatsanewbie New Member

    I had a childhood friend and model train expert build the custom HO train set below for my son's 12th birthday, yet now my son is in college and all it does is take up space. I am looking to sell it, but it needs some maintenance, technically everything is sound, but the track is dirty and the main engine may need work as well. 10 years ago, we used to use an eraser type pad to clean the track, but I cant seem to find it or remember the name. Any tips on maintenance? or what this piece is called?
    Any advice is much appreciated

  2. eightyeightfan1

    eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

    Welcome to the Gauge.
    The "eraser" thing you're talking about is called a Bright Boy.
    You can pick one up at any hobby store for a couple of bucks.
    Unfortunatly you edited out the pics, so we have no idea what it is you are trying to identify.
  3. TruckLover

    TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

    Where is the first post in this thread? All i see is Ed's post and not the original question that Ed replyed to??? :confused:
  4. eightyeightfan1

    eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

    It maybe moderated.
    Maybe thats why I could see it.
    Wondered why it was highlighted in blue.
  5. MasonJar

    MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

    Approved now - you should be able to see it.

  6. TruckLover

    TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

    I see it now lol

    Welcome to the Gauge :wave:

    but as Ed said, the links dont work to the pics
  7. TinGoat

    TinGoat Ignorant know it all

    Take a look

    Transfered from Picasa:

    Attached Files:

Share This Page