Lionelville Buildings

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Buck62, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Buck62

Buck62 New Member

Hello all, I'm new here and new to model trains.

I've started building a layout for my kids (O scale) and have been eyeing a package deal for Lionelville buildings and houses in which I can get a total of 14 Lionelville businesses and houses for under $200 + shipping. I can't afford to spend a fortune on this new hobby. My kids are pretty young and I really can't justify the expense. Anyway, I was just wondering why the MTH buildings are so much more expensive than the Lionelville stuff. I mean, the Lionelville buildings and houses look pretty darned good for the money. They're detailed and lighted just like the MTH buildings. So, I'm curious as to why they're about half the price of the MTH products?
  2. Buck62

Buck62 New Member

Okay, nevermind. :wave:
  3. ausien

ausien Active Member

Welcome to the gauge Buck to answer your question is hard for me as I no little or nothing about lionelville structures. but it would be my guess that quality may pay a part in the price you are modeliing in "O" scale you miight want to post this question to those guys, they would be able to give you a better answer....have a good one..... steve