Lionel - what a piece of cr*p...

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by MCF, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Great, it's the late 1900's again.....

Personaly, I don't own anything related to lionel (except a clock that's train themed), but Lionel was the headliner of model trains back in the golden age and the Baby Boom. I agree with whoever first said that Lionel should be moved back here. They tried cheap labor some time ago in Mexico actualy. They moved back to the good 'ol US of A because of EXACTLY the same problems right now. Bring back Richard Khugn (Hope I spelled that right, if not, sorry Richard:( ), he was the guy who helped bring Lionel out of it's problem with that cereal company. At least let this 100 year old company have its grandur again.
  2. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

How can I disagree?
  3. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

Yeah this china stuff bothers me. I don't even think its a good idea that we build sutff over there. They are supposedly trying to have a peaceful rise in power, but a while ago i heard chinese subs were stalking american carriers ( have an article about it) its not very publicized, but i don't like that. we are definitely not ready if something goes wrong over there.
  4. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Uh oh....

Three words: Cold War II
  5. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Crush the axis of evil! :curse:
    Oh, wait.... I'm a Democrat. Nevermind! :D
  6. green_elite_cab

I'm not sure that China will create a war, but it might make things tougher to do in the world. I don't know what to think. On the other hand they have an energy problem and will likely be competeing with us for oil. at the same time, their economy benefits from the worlds manufacturing, so they probably wouldn't want a issue. this site isn't the place for it, but that stuff always bothers me.
  7. Cannonball

I say let 'em have the oil. We can convert everything over to diesel and run on used cooking oil from fast food joints after it's been filtered. Only a 10% drop in fuel effeciency, can be made from vegitable or meat sources, cleaner burning, and a heck of a lot cheaper.
  8. green_elite_cab

You'd be surprised as to what needs oil. Oil (petroleum) goes into everything made out of plastic.
  9. Cannonball

then I guess we start making our engines out of diecast again. :D
  10. green_elite_cab

maybe brass wil be cheaper!
  11. Cannonball

I doubt it. ;)
  12. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Uh,this guy might object

This guy might object, He's MADE of brass![​IMG]sign1 sign1 sign1 :D :thumb: His name is Nemisis, he's esentaly a giant shiny brass robot with a human brain and he will KILL you (but only in City of Heroes)
  13. Elcoholic

Elcoholic New Member

"Just a note here, problems with a product can be addressed, but product "bashing" isn't permitted."

Says who? THE major producer of O gauge trains in American history continues to market inferior products at inflated prices and no one here is allowed to cry foul? Does the Lionel mystique actually extend so far as to generate some sort of police state mentality with the moderator of this board?

"The exercise of a "right" without exercising its responsibilities, leads to consequences, and often, the loss of the right."

Unless banned from this board, I will continue to exercise my right to express my opinion, as a consumer, of the products and (mis)management of the Lionel Corporation whenever I deem it to be relevant to the thread topic. I DO take full responsibility for my comments. Hopefully, the consequences of my expressed opinions, as well as those of other free-thinking consumers, will be the ultimate salvation of the Lionel Corporation. If one the consequences is my being banned, then at least one of my points will have been made in absentia.

"All men are created equal but some are more equal than others." - Big Brother
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Says who, you ask?

Says the Gauge rules, which you agreed to when you became a member. We have no problem with the truth about faulty products or service if it is stated in a fact-based way. What we do not allow is ranting and bashing.

Our rules were designed to make this an open, hospitable place. Please either respect the Gauge rules when you post here or post elsewhere.

15. Geno

Geno Member

Why did you permit such a thread with a negative theme to exist to begin with? I understand the frustration of a broken train, but you can see how it only leads to bigger bashes.

16. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

That is partially my fault. As the moderator of this forum I should have locked and or deleted this thread sooner. However, due to an inability to access the Gauge and the Holiday activities I was not here. That has been corrected and the thread is now locked due to the product bashing that is not permitted. Stating your dissatisfaction with a product and stating the facts why are permitted but resorting to name-calling and unfounded and/or unsubstantiated claims are not. Also political opinions are not permitted to be discussed on the Gauge due their inherent ability to become volatile and get out of hand sooner or later. While the political “discussion” in this thread may have been light-hearted at times it will only go down hill eventually. And lastly as a reminder to certain individuals who have posted in this thread as a registered member of this forum you agreed to the rules of the forum. Please abide by them and be respectful of others. If you don’t you run the risk of being locked out and/or banned.
  17. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

The issue of free speeh and "protesting" comes up periodically and this is a good time to review. We do live in a free country in the USA, thank God and the veterans who secured that freedom, but you have joined a PRIVATELY owned forum that invites members to participate within the bounds of some very easy going rules designed to maintain civility and respect for other members and the community of railfans, modelers, and maufacturers as a whole. By registering you agreed to abide by these rules. Your posts that challenge the clarification of Gauge guidelines for posting and compare forum moderation to totalitarian thought policing indicate your lack of regard for the membership who find The Gauge the place they like to be.

Since it IS indeed a free country go forth with our blessing. Create your own blog and say what you want or find other places where you can post with impunity. Just remember that joining a forum is like being a guest in some one else's house and you are asked to observe the etiquette of the home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.